Download printable version
SEND Teaching Assistants
Trinity Road Primary School, Chelmsford, CM2 6HS
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join us for new positions as a Teaching Assistant, with a focus on SEND support, across the school, from January 2024.
Would you like to join our team to support children with SEND needs? We are looking to recruit you to join our growing, ambitious and supportive staff team.
32.5 hours per week/5 days a week/term time only
Salary Scale 3 (Point 5-6)
£15,847.03 - £16,135.69 pro rata
The figures above are the part-time equivalent for the full salary based on the required working hours
We are looking to appoint Teaching Assistants to join our friendly, growing team, driving improvement and supporting the learning of all children at Trinity Road Primary School in our inclusive community. We are seeking people who have a passion for supporting children with Special Educational Needs (SEND) and who have an awareness about how the learning and support for SEND pupils needs to look different or already have experience in this area.
We have 4 vacancies to work with a range of children in groups and in class with significant learning, developmental, social and emotional, communication, sensory or physical difficulties. Your role would involve working with a range of children across the week to support removing barriers to learning and education. We have vacancies within EYFS, KS1 and KS2. This is not a one to one SEND role and applicants should be able to work flexibly to accommodate the needs of the children, across the school.
You will need:
- A commitment to removing barriers to learning and access for those with Special Educational Needs.
- To work flexibly and be adaptable to work across the school
- To be proactive and willing to learn and apply new skills
- Work well as part of a team working with senior leaders, class teachers and families.
- To be self- motivated, intuitive and accountable
- To attend one session of professional development each week after school (3.15-3.45; change to end time adjusted)
What we can offer you:
· Regular professional development, often alongside teachers and the senior team, including with our specialist speech and language therapists
· A friendly and supportive team
· Term time working - 13 weeks holiday a year
· Overtime available through running extra-curricular activities
· Opportunities to specialise and develop skills
· First Aid Training
· Trauma Perceptive Practice Training
· Specialist Speech & Language Training
· Free tea and coffee
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references and online checks, including social media.
An Occupational Health check is part of our recruitment.
Online applications only. We will not consider CVs. Applications should be completed in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Closing date: Thursday 23rd November 2023
Shortlisting: Ongoing (We reserve the right to interview applicants early or close the advert early).
Interview dates: Tuesday 28th November & Thursday 7th December; successful candidates should be available for the whole day.