Download printable version
Thameside Primary School
Manor Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 6EF
Wishes to appoint a
Learning Support Assistant
Salary: Band A Point 1 - 6
(£13,951.09 - £15,222.44 per annum)
29 hours 10 minutes per week Monday - Friday, 08:40am - 3:20pm,
20 minute break and 30 minute lunch break both unpaid
37 weeks of the year - term time only
Start Date: January 2024
Are you looking for that new and rewarding role in education?
A new opportunity has arisen, for three additional Learning Support Assistants (LSA's) to join our successful team supporting students in the classroom environment, to assist student learning and improve educational outcomes. Thameside Primary School are looking for Inspiring and enthusiastic LSAs who are highly motivated, creative, fun and keen to progress their career. Thameside Primary School can support people with a degree to become a teacher.
As part of the Osborne Cooperative Academy Trust, the school is proud of its inclusive ethos and the broad and enriched curriculum that it provides for all pupils. The supportive staff have high aspirations for the pupils and strive to make a difference in the lives of the children and their families. Our schools' ethos is based on the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and sharing a sense of collective responsibility for supporting each other.
We are an OFSTED rated GOOD school (Oct 2018), who are looking for dynamic and energetic team members. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate patience and show a commitment to supporting learners to improve educational outcomes. This role would be suited to someone enthusiastic, personable, empathetic and able to communicate effectively, whilst maintaining a calm and professional manner, under pressure. Previous experience would be an advantage but is not essential. We are looking for someone who is:
This position will involve:
· Supporting pupils, to ensure they are engaged in learning activities
· Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom
· Act as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and promoting positive pupil behaviour, to create a safe and inclusive learning environment
· Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil's progress against lesson plans, the conduct of the lesson and keeping pupil-related records
· Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures about health & safety, welfare and wellbeing and safeguarding
· Provide additional support to the teachers in the classrooms,
· To establish positive relationships with the pupils in lessons being covered
The successful candidate will have:
· Passionate, creative, motivated and has a positive outlook
· The ability to support pupils with learning, emotional and behavioural difficulties
· Committed to raising outcomes of all students
· A great communicator with excellent organisational skills and a helpful attitude
· Enthusiastic and committed to working as part of a team
· Dedicated to good classroom management
· Cares about the welfare and achievement of every child
· Innovative and has a passion for improvement
· Excellent written skills with the ability to multi-task
· The ability to remain calm under pressure and remain positive
· The ability to follow safeguarding procedures and prioritise students' welfare
· GCSE Maths and English
Thameside Primary School and Nursery is a vibrant and diverse school where children are enthusiastic and motivated to achieve endless possibilities. The children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy, confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now, and in the future. The School is proud to be:
· Friendly, caring and supportive school that has a one big team approach to workload
· Has a strong, established & supportive SLT that creates a positive team environment
· A place where pupils feel safe, happy, valued and respected
· An inclusive school, where everyone works hard to ensure all pupils receive stimulating learning experiences, with high expectations for all children
· A school that celebrates every child's individuality and success
Thameside Primary School is a member of the Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust. The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trustis a Multi-Academy Trust, withtwelve member schoolswithin Essex. All schools in the Trust work in equal partnership and are members of the schools' Co-operative Society. Our Co-operative Values focus on enabling all students to achieve their potential both academically and as young people.
What the school can offer:
· Two Week October Half-Term
· Recognition of continuous service
· Automatic enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
· Excellent CPD opportunities
· Career progression throughout the Trust, with the ability to progress in other schools
· The support of an experienced family of schools
· National Conditions of Service
· Access to the Employee Assistance Programme
· Excellent behaviour management policy to support all staff
· Wider support network for all staff including managing workloads and work-life balance
If you feel the school would suit you, and you have the passion, drive and commitment to work with us to make all aspects of our school outstanding, please apply now or you can request a visit of the school or for more information speak to Ayshen Uluhan firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01375 648901. As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds.
Thameside Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on our formal application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is an equal opportunities employer.
If you would like to be considered for this post, application forms are available via our website,Vacancies in our Trust (osborne.coop)or Essex School Jobs.
Closing date: Friday 1st December 2023, Midday
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received, and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate before the closing date. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will be subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Thameside Primary is a rapidly expanding School which serves a diverse community. A commitment to equal oportunities and inclusion is essential.
Thameside is part of Osborne Co-operative Academy Trust who have four primary schools.Our schools' ethos is based on the Co-operative values of self-help, self-responsibility, democracy, equality, equity and sharing a sense of collective responsibility for supporting each other. The Trust schools are based in Thurrock, a semi-rural location with excellent transport links to London.