Download printable version
Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School and Nursery
Learning Support Assistant/ Early Years Assistant
Our Lady of Lourdes Primary School has a friendly, dedicated team where everyone belongs. Our children are well behaved and enjoy coming to school.
We are looking for a learning support assistant and we hope to find someone who has experience of working, understanding and supporting children and who knows that teaching and learning is really important. Because of the demands of the 2014 curriculum, we need someone with excellent English and mathematics skills. We need someone who will be committed to our school and will be able to work with our team. We need someone who will thrive when working with children and be ready to do any reasonable task and be prepared to learn a range of new skills.
We need staff who are reliable, flexible and hard working. Ideally you will have experience in supporting children or you are able to demonstrate your commitment and skills to support our learners.
We would like you
· To have experience or a range of skills that will enable you to support our learners
· To be able to liaise with leaders, teachers and the SENCo to provide the best level of support for our pupils
· Be able to work well with our team and be able to think on your feet
· Know that high expectations lead to good outcomes for our pupils
· Be positive to ensure that everyone can achieve
· Have a good level of literacy and mathematics (GCSE A-C)
· Know that you are here to assist in teaching and learning
· Be calm and patient whilst setting a high standard for behaviour
An NVQ Level 2 in learning support/early years, NNEB or other equivalent qualification would be desirable.
Scale point 4
The position will be from 08.30-15.30, with a half-hour lunch break Monday to Friday, term time only.
All our applicants need to be supportive of the school's Catholic ethos, however, we invite applications from both Catholic and non-Catholic staff
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to support this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references. All applications must be completed using the Catholic Education Service Application Form.
Please contact the school office via email at email@example.com or call on 01702 475689 for an application pack.
Closing Date: 21st November 2023
Interview Date: 28th or 29th November 2023