Download printable version
Whitmore Primary School and Nursery has an exciting opportunity for a full time Deputy SEND Co-Ordinator (SENDCo) to join our fantastic team.
Start date: January 2024 (Easter 2024 start date will be considered for the right candidate)
Salary: Main Pay Scale
Applications close: Midday on Monday 27th November 2023. Interview date: To be confirmed.
Whitmore Primary School and Nursery is located in Whitmore Way, Basildon and has an excellent reputation in the local community. We are one of ten schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.
We are looking to appoint a passionate qualified teacher to join our established SEND/Inclusion team. The successful candidate should be qualified or willing to qualify as a SENDCo via the NASENCO or the incoming NPQ SENCO and have a strong understanding of SEND and Inclusion provision and be an exemplary classroom teacher.
We are looking for someone who is:
· experienced / qualified, or be willing to train in the role of a Primary SENDCo
· willing to be part of a hardworking SEND/Inclusion team
· a possessor of excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including written communication.
· able to motivate and support staff and pupils
· an exemplary teacher
· has high expectations of childrens achievement and behaviour
· committed to working in close partnership with parents and the wider community.
We can offer you:
· a well-resourced learning environment with enthusiastic and supportive staff
· a forward looking school that is dedicated to the success of all children and staff
· a commitment to continued professional development
· access to our Employee Assistance Programme for staff and their families
Berlesduna is a Trust that values and invests in staff, excellent training, development and planned career progression.
We welcome visits to the school prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting Helen Kilner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take care to complete the application in full as incomplete applications will not be considered. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early so recommend that you submit your application at your earliest convenience.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We may review the internet and social media relating to shortlisted candidates as part of the screening process. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Whitmore Primary School and Nursery is a growing and supportive school in the local community, located in Whitmore Way, Basildon. We are one of seven schools that form the Berlesduna Academy Trust (www.berlesduna.co.uk), where the vision is to create and foster a culture of high aspiration, enjoyment for learning, academic success and lifelong skills amongst all pupils, regardless of their social, economic or cultural background.