Download printable version
Required January 2024
LGS Scale 7 (Term time, plus non-pupil days and one additional week in school holidays)
37 hours per week (8.00 a.m. - 4.00 p.m. Monday - Thursday; 8.00 a.m. - 3.30 p.m. Friday; 30 minutes for lunch each day)
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised, flexible and experienced Office Manager to join the team at our successful school. This role also involves being Clerk to our Governing Board, for which additional payment at LGS Scale 7 is made (approx. 5 hours each half term, including attendance at half termly meetings). The successful candidate will work alongside our School Business Manager and Administrative Assistant.
You will be:
- highly organised, flexible, and quick thinking
- friendly and professional, modelling excellent communication skills in order to support our children and families
- able to use school administrative and financial systems, including SIMS, FMS, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams and Office 365
- able to manage time effectively and work both as part of an effective team, but also under your own initiative
You will have:
- an eye for detail and the ability to work well under pressure
- experience of the development, management and operation of school administration systems
- experience of managing others in an office environment, ideally in an educational setting
- a working knowledge of school HR procedures and related safeguarding requirements
- an awareness of the specific needs of young children in relation to their health, safety, and well-being, as well as their education
- experience of HR administration and recruitment processes.
- experience of clerking/minute taking and preparing agendas and minutes
- GCSE Grade C (or equivalent) in both English and Maths
Whilst previous experience of working in a school and knowledge of SIMS and FMS are desirable, training will be provided for the right candidate.
The best way to get a feel for our school is to come and see us! Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact the school office for an appointment.
All applications must be made online please (via the Essex Jobs website), using the standard Essex application form. Please note that we do not accept CVs and that the application form must be completed in full as, unfortunately, we cannot consider incomplete applications. Please also be aware that we may not be able to reply individually to every application and if you do not hear from us within seven days of the closing date, your application has not been successful on this occasion.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if an appropriate candidate applies.
Myland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment is subject to safer recruitment procedures including an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance.