Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant - Parkwood Academy
Contract: Fixed Term ending 31st August 2027
Hours per week: 30 hours per week (38 weeks - Term time only)
Point: 4-5 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £15,933.19 to £16,199.65 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 21st November 2023
Interview Date: 27th November 2023
Parkwood Academy are seeking a highly motivated and experienced SEN Teaching Assistant and Midday Assistant to provide support a SEND child with an EHC Plans. The successful candidate will be required to work 30 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8:35 am to 3.25 pm and Friday 8.35 am to 1.30 pm, and need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO.
We would like to hear from you if you:
Are seeking a rewarding role.
· Understanding of working with an EHCP/One Plan.
· Experience working with children with ASD.
· Have experience of working with SEND children.
· Have a good understanding of child development.
· Are patient and understanding.
· Have excellent communication skills.
· Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 2 and above).
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● Early close on Friday with occasional inset training.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment. We strongly recommend you visit the school to help you decide whether this is a role for you.
Parkwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Nestled in the heart of Melbourne Drive, Chelmsford, Parkwood Academy is a thriving primary school within the South Essex Academy Trust (SEAT), a dynamic network of schools that champion collaboration and mutual support. SEAT is a multi-academy trust comprising a family of primary schools that actively work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and staff.