Download printable version
Job Title: SEN 1:1 Learning Support Assistant and Midday Assistant - Parkwood Academy
Contract: Fixed Term ending 31st August 2029
Hours per week: 20 hours, working 38 weeks - Term time only
Scale: 3 Point 5-6 (Depending on experience)
Actual Salary: £10,622.13 to £10,799.77 per annum
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 21st November 2023
Interview Date: 27th November 2023
Parkwood Academy are seeking a highly motivated and experienced SEN 1:1 Learning Support Assistant and Midday Assistant to provide support to a SEND child with EHC Plans.
The successful candidate will be required to work 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.40 am to 1.40 pm, and need to be able to follow a 'One Plan' under the guidance of the Class Teacher and SENCO and must have experience of working with children with ADHD, ASD and SEMH.
You will need:
· To ensure all pupils are supported to achieve their unique potential both personally and academically.
· To work as part of both the SEND team and a curriculum area to ensure all potential barriers to learning are removed for individual pupils.
· To ensure pupils with SEND have the best opportunity to make progress across all areas of the curriculum.
We would like to hear from you if you:
● Are seeking a rewarding role.
● Have a positive and enthusiastic attitude and are patience and flexible.
● Have experience of working with ADHD, ASD and SEMH children.
● Have a good understanding of different ways of communicating with SEND children.
● Have a good understanding of strategies to support SEND children.
● Have a good understanding of KS1 curriculum.
● Have excellent communication skills.
● Have good literacy and numeracy skills (GCSE grade C or Level 2 and above).
● Have the ability to deal with challenging behaviour.
We can offer:
● Engaged and enthusiastic pupils who are 'proud to belong' to our school and enjoy learning in a stimulating environment.
● A forward thinking, proactive Trust that is dedicated to the success of its pupils and staff.
● A dynamic and collaborative team of leadership who are dedicated and committed to the success of pupils and staff alike.
● Leadership Academy - establishing professional pathways for all employees to reach their potential by targeted CPD and career development.
● A comprehensive Employee Assistance programme available to all employees.
If this role is of interest to you and you have demonstrable experience in the majority of the above accountabilities, please apply now. In addition, please see the Job Description and Person Specification with full details of experience required to fulfil this highly rewarding role.
If you think you would complement our team, please contact the school office and arrange a visit; come and see for yourself the potential our school has.Please contact the school directly on 01245 354605 to arrange an appointment.
Please complete the application form attached along with the recruitment monitoring form and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parkwood Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. We follow safer recruitment practice and appointments are subject to satisfactory DBS certification and references. We are an equal opportunities employer and are part of the South Essex Academy Trust.
Information about the School
Nestled in the heart of Melbourne Drive, Chelmsford, Parkwood Academy is a thriving primary school within the South Essex Academy Trust (SEAT), a dynamic network of schools that champion collaboration and mutual support. SEAT is a multi-academy trust comprising a family of primary schools that actively work together to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and staff.