Download printable version
Due to our current Business manager retiring, we are seeking to appoint a new experienced School Business Manager, ideally from January 2024 or as soon after as possible for our stand alone Academy. The successful candidate will work in partnership with the Senior Leadership Team, reporting directly to the Headteacher, and will provide overall strategic leadership and management for all aspects of the school's financial operations, HR, admin, Health & Safety and facilities management. They will also be willing to be a keyholder.
This is an opportunity to work with extremely dedicated staff and lovely students, where everyone involved is committed to providing the best education we can for all of the pupils.
We are looking for a professional who is welcoming, compassionate, highly motivated and proactive.
The role is for 49.8 weeks (6.8 weeks annual leave incl bank holidays) term time plus non-pupil days and equivalent of 4 weeks during the school holidays. Working hours are 37 hours per week - times to be negotiated
Salary Giffards Scale 7 or 8 dependent on experience -£37,740 - £47,331
This role covers a broad and varied remit spanning, but not exclusive to:
· Premises, including Health and Safety
· Human resource management
· Line management of office and site staff as well as close liaison with the catering team.
· Liaison and support re ICT upkeep in the school
The successful candidate will have:
· Sound experience of financial management and budgetary control in schools/academy, preferably with a school business management qualification or be willing to work towards one.
· A secure understanding and knowledge of human resources procedures and requirements
· Knowledge of data protection legislative requirements and how to effectively manage a professional office and advise others in line with these requirements.
· Excellent computer skills, strong organisational and prioritisation skills and a flexible and proactive approach
· Excellent communication skills and able to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
· Proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively line-manage staff
· Have experience of IT and knowledge of accounting and school management information systems. A knowledge of FMS would be beneficial.
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate a secure understanding of the above responsibilities and be part of the school's leadership team. If you have the desire and drive to be part of a whole school team that ensures children achieve their best we would be delighted to hear from you. Visits to the school are welcomed and warmly encouraged as part of the application process. Please contact Sue Bryant to arrange a visit at email@example.com, or Nicky Haslam-Davis the Headteacher, for further information please call the school office on 01375 672138. Please take care to complete the application in full, as any incomplete applications will not be considered. The school reserves the right to close the listing at any time and shortlist earlier if strong candidates apply earlier in the process. This is a public facing role and the successful candidate must speak fluent English.
Giffards Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of all pupils and adheres to the Safer Recruitment guidelines. The appointment will be subject to two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS criminal record check.
Closes Monday 27th November at midday
Information about the School
Giffards has been a primary school since 2005, with the amalgamation of the previous Infant and Junior schools. We currently have 14 classes with 405 pupils. We are a welcoming, friendly and inclusive primary academy, where we nurture and celebrate the achievements of all of our children. We have a large, experienced team of teachers and LSAs as well as specialist Music and PE staff. This has created a large school. We have invested heavily in ICT; all our classrooms have interactive screens as does our music room. We have an ICT suite with 30 computers plus interactive screen and also every child has access to their own chrome book as well as a set of headphones. All teaching staff have their own laptops which are used for planning and centralisation of information and resources.
Giffards Primary School continues to be a good school. The pupils at Giffards Primary School are walking, talking examples of the school’s values, particularly being caring and respectful. They build warm, supportive relationships with staff - Ofsted March 2022