Download printable version
About the role:
The Trust is seeking to appoint;
- An outstanding teacher who is ready to join a forward thinking, continuously improving department
- A dynamic and inspiring teacher to work collaboratively with the Director of Science and Deputy Subject Leaders to enthuse students about Science within an ambitious department, who aim to work effectively as part of a team within the Academy to provide an outstanding educational experience for the students
- An individual who wishes to be involved in the design and development of the Science curriculum and play a strategic role in the development of the Academy.
- A teacher committed to the importance of Science in transforming students' numeracy, aspirations and lives
- A teacher committed to giving students extra-curricular opportunities
Accountable To:Director of Science
Required Education and Experience:
- Suitable for an Early Careers or Experienced Teacher
- Qualified Teacher Status
- A degree in a relevant subject
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development
Understanding and knowledge of:
- The National Curriculum at Key Stage 3 and specifications at GCSE level
- Strategies for raising student achievement and attainment through effective teaching and learning
- ICT and how it can impact on students' learning
- Current methodology in the teaching of Science
- Excellent outcomes at GCSE in one of the Science areas
- In the classroom - student/classroom management skills
- The ability to deliver consistently good or better lessons
- Understanding the importance of quality written feedback to students
- The use of assessment data to identify underachievement and plan teaching and learning
How to Apply:
To apply for the role, please complete the application form and recruitment monitoring form demonstrating how your skills and experience match the criteria in the Job Description and Person Specification and return directly to The Ramsey Academy.
Application guidance notes are also available to assist you with completing your application.
Informal enquiries regarding the role can be made to Mrs Catherine Downes, Headteacher's PA, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be returned to Mrs C Downes, HR and Administration Manager: email@example.com
Information about the School
The Ramsey Academy is a popular over-subscribed secondary school in the heart of the Halstead community.
Our focus is to ‘Achieve Excellence Together’. We work hard to support students in their educational journey and provide them with the skills and knowledge they need for their future.
The Ramsey Academy is part of the Bridge Academy Trust: a collegiate and collaborative Trust, where, first and foremost, each school is a place of (high quality) learning, where young people ENJOY, ENRICH & ACHIEVE. The core purpose is to provide high quality continuity of every child’s journey through education from 3 to 19, with a community and school-led school improvement approach and long-term sustainable strategy.
This Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearance and satisfactory references. Bridge Academy Trust welcomes applications from those of all backgrounds, faiths and ethnic groups.