Download printable version
Salary: £7.76 - £10.80ph
Location: Palmer's Campus
Storm Fitness & Leisure at our historic Palmer's Campus in Grays, Essex
Hours: Various hours
Contract Type: Casual
TO APPLY PLEASE HEAD TO THE USP COLLEGE WEBSITE
Storm Fitness & Leisure is looking to recruit a flexible, versatile, enthusiastic person to join their team. Hours will include evenings and weekends.
You must be flexible to cover shifts when required and provide support for students and customers using the fitness suite. As a fitness instructor you will be responsible for inductions to the gym, programme writing, cleaning and maintenance checks.
Other duties include supervisor/key holder, responsible for opening and closing the centre, carrying out reception duties and supervising the day to day running of the sport centre depending on experience.
The successful candidate would need to hold a recognised minimum level 2 Gym Instructor qualification. First aid, class instructor qualification and knowledge of reception work would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, IT skills (MS Word, Excel, and Outlook), with the ability to work accurately. A confident and professional approach when dealing with students, staff and outside organisations is required.
An understanding of Safeguarding including Prevent and Keeping Children Safe in Education legislation will also be required.
The right candidate will have:
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team player & on your own initiative.
- Experience of managing team workloads.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to motivate customers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent punctuality.
- Highly efficient and have ability to manage workload and priorities
- A resilient and positive outlook
Why choose us:
Our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be selected as finalists for the AoC Beacon awards for effective use of digital Technology in FE. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations, or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
What we offer:
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent pension provision
- CPD days - opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
- Free onsite parking
- Staff appreciation days
- Eye care vouchers
- Onsite Starbucks & Restaurant
- Discounted gym membership.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7, 365 days offering legal & financial advice, as well as general support & guidance.
*subject to terms & conditions