Download printable version
Our historic Palmer's Campus in Grays, Essex
Hours: 36.30 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year
Contract Type: Permanent
TO APPLY PLEASE HEAD TO THE USP COLLEGE WEBSITE
Do you want to work for a forward thinking college, with the students at the heart of everything they do?
Due to growth within our SEND provision at USP College, we are looking for a passionate Personal Care Assistant, ideally with a specialism of working with SEND students, you will be based at our Seevic Campus.You will be supporting a student with complex needs and physical disabilities. The role will comprise of learning support, care support and administering medication as needed. The successful candidate will be offered regular professional development.
Applicants must have excellent communication and team working skills, resilience and the ability to problem solve. You will be confident in supporting students with support needs to attain their learning outcomes.
We look forward to receiving your application as an enthusiastic individual who can make a real difference to the learning experience provided at USP College. You could be part of our USP team delivering a supportive, immersive and creative learning environment. Share with us your drive, ability and desire to motivate students to achieve the highest possible learning outcomes. Make an application today
- Personal care experience
- Confidence to deal with epileptic seizures and administer medication as needed
- Specialist SEND subject knowledge
- Experienced industry based individuals will be considered.
The right candidate will have:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team.
- A strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work towards deadlines.
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers.
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic.
- Excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Experience innovating to deliver the curriculum.
Why choose us:
Our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be selected as finalists for the AoC Beacon awards for effective use of digital Technology in FE. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations, or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
What we offer:
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent pension provision
- Annual Staff Awards
- CPD days - opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching
- Free onsite parking
- Staff appreciation days
- Eye care vouchers
- Onsite Starbucks & Restaurant
- Well-being days & activities
- Electric Vehicle Scheme*
- Discounted gym membership.
- Fully immersive teaching rooms allowing online teaching simultaneously at multiple locations.
- Hybrid Working available.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7, 365 days offering legal & financial advice, as well as general support & guidance.
*subject to terms & conditions