Download printable version
Salary: £24,288 - £38,751
Dependant on experience and qualifications
Location: Cross Campus
Our bright & modern Seevic Campus in Benfleet, Essex and (or) the historic Palmer's Campus in Grays, EsseX
Hours: 37 hours, 52 weeks of year
Contract Type: Permanent
TO APPLY PLEASE HEAD TO THE USP COLLEGE WEBSITE
At USP College, we are looking for a passionate Teacher/lecturer of Business to deliver high quality, creative and engaging lessons while successfully supporting and inspiring our students. As part of our energetic, focused and welcoming team, you will enthuse and motivate students to strive for success while maintaining a healthy, focused learning environment for all students within the college.
As a prospective member of the Business curriculum team at USP college, you should be a subject specialist who will inspire and motivate your students to exceed their aspirations. You will have the opportunity to work alongside experienced teachers, to observe and share best practice on a regular basis, developing pedagogy through reflection. You will be able to build positive relationships with young people and support them to achieve their long term career goals. You will be able to use your expertise and emotional intelligence to unlock barriers to your students' progress and provide the tools, support and challenge they need to go forwards. We pride ourselves on excellent student behaviour and our strong ethos of inclusion and diversity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To promote our college strategy of Career-Focused Learning, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers are at the heart of everything we do.
- Be prepared to travel cross campus to carry out teaching duties on occasion when required.
- Contribute to the development of the work of the curriculum area and to the discussion of policy and practice, through initiative and via the instructions of the Curriculum Leader to carry out reasonably assigned responsibilities and duties and comply with College Policies.
- Planning lessons in line with the needs of the students and curriculum area schemes of work
- Regularly set and mark work according to college policies
- Monitor and report on the progress of students especially through the review and reporting procedures.
- Record and issue the collection of resources from students.
- Communicate with staff concerning the organisation of students in shared groups.
- Attend parents' consultation evenings, interview evenings and other similar College events.
- Prepare materials and attend Preview/Open evenings.
- Interview prospective students.
- Contribute to the preparation and delivery of the induction process.
- Set work to cover absence.
- Cover classes for absent colleagues according to contractual requirements as directed by the relevant post-holder.
- Participate positively in the professional appraisal process.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of recent developments in the subject/curriculum area and report on courses attended.
- Attend curriculum area meetings within contractual requirements.
- Degree qualified.
- Teaching Qualification(or working towards)
The right candidate will have:
- Expertise in the chosen area and knowledge of additional short courses/enrichment activities that will enhance the student experience.
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for the development of pedagogical practice
Why choose us:
Our strategy is to create a Career Focused, Digital Learning environment, ensuring that the learner experience and our relationship within our community, local and regional employers, are at the heart of everything we do. We are proud to be selected as finalists for the AoC Beacon awards for effective use of digital Technology in FE. Providing a high achieving, focused learning environment allowing our students to achieve the grades they need for higher educations, or the skills and aptitude required to secure a suitable role in their chosen career. Our college is set in the leafy suburbs of Essex, with easy access to surrounding areas and amenities, we are based in a well-connected location both by road and rail.
What we offer:
- A college environment fully dedicated to developing every student to reach their full potential, irrespective of their ability.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals keen to develop and learn.
- A two year funded teaching course , providing the opportunity to complete a recognised post 16 teaching qualification*
- A successful NQT support program.
- Excellent CPD opportunities.
- Well-being days & activities
- Generous pension (Teachers pension scheme)
- Free onsite parking.
- Onsite canteen & coffee shop.
- Cycle to work scheme*
- Discounted gym membership.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme*
- Eye Care Vouchers scheme.
- Hybrid Working available.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7, 365 days offering legal & financial advice, as well as general support & guidance.
*subject to terms & conditions