Download printable version
Job Purpose: To care for and enable children to engage in a range of play and learning opportunities and to participate in the day to day running of the nursery.
Responsible to: The Manager
Main duties and responsibilities:
· To provide and maintain a high quality service to children and their families working as part of a staff team to meet children's individual needs.
· To ensure safeguarding practices are followed at all times, logging and raising concerns to Designated Safeguarding Lead
· To work as a positive role model and member of the staff team.
· To attend staff meetings, supervision and appraisal meetings and relevant identified training both online and face to face.
· To ensure records are properly maintained throughout the day, e.g. daily attendance register, accident and incident logs, child absence records, individual care plans, risk assessments
· To maintain confidentiality at all times ensuring information on children, families, staff members and individual progress meetings are kept on a need to know basis only
· To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the nursery and it's curriculum, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parental involvement.
· To use skilful interaction strategies within teachable moments with children to extend their learning.
· To assist with the planning and delivery of a wide range of opportunities to meet children's needs
· To work within the EYFS Statutory Framework and Ofsted Early Years Inspection Framework and promote high standards of care for the children.
· Attend to key children personal care routines such as nappy changes. Buddy system in place if key person is absent.
· To ensure all dietary requirements are known, logged and followed