Download printable version
Early Years Assistant
Temporary, part time, term time only. Required from November 2023
There may be potential to increase working days as the academic year continues.
St John's is a co-educational Independent School for pupils aged between 2 and 16 years. We are proud of our educational provision and offer you the opportunity to join our successful school as a part-time, caring, and enthusiastic Early Years Practitioner to join our pre-Reception team.
The successful applicant will be qualified level 3 or above and have a strong understanding of EYFS curriculum. We are looking for staff with a genuine passion to nurture and encourage young children. Working well within our friendly and supportive team is essential.
- As a minimum, hold a relevant EYFS Level 3 childcare qualification.
- Have a genuine passion to work with children.
- Be a positive role model.
- Have excellentcommunicationskills.
- Have a strong knowledge of the EYFS.
- Be willing to change nappies.
- Previous experience in a school environment would be an advantage.
If you are a fun and dedicated Early Years Practitioner who is looking to further your career in Early Years and have ticked all the above, then we would very much like to hear from you.
- The chance to be part of a supportive and friendly team.
- Purpose built EYFS classrooms with two outside areas and a Forest School.
- Fantastic working environment where staff are valued.
- Opportunities to access CPD to develop your role further.
- Term time only position. Our school terms are shorter than those of maintained schools.
- A school lunch is provided.
This is initially a part-time temporary position dependent on ratios. Additional hours may be available throughout the academic year.
If you wish to apply for the role, please complete our application form which can be found on the St John's School Website: www.stjohnsschool.net.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Important Safeguarding Information
We are fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff to share this commitment.To ensure this, ourrecruitmentand selection policy follows both local and national guidance.
All offers of employment are subject to the receipt of satisfactory references, satisfactory online searches, and an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check.
In compliance with SaferRecruitmentguidelines, CVs cannot be accepted. Please complete an electronic application form.We must have the full contact details of two referees, including their name, address, telephone number and email address. Please note that we will write to the Headteacher for all education references. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.