Download printable version
Job Title :Midday Assistant 7 hours per week, spread over 5 days. Job share with less days available.
Scale 2 (£10.52 per hour)
Interviews will take place on an on-going basis
Reports to:Senior Midday Assistant/Deputy Headteacher/Headteacher
Liaison with:Pupils, All school staff
Job Purpose:Acting as part of a team, to take care and control of all the children on the school premises during the midday break between the morning and afternoon teaching sessions.
· To maintain the safety, welfare and good conduct of the pupils during the midday break
· To assist children in selecting their meal and sitting in an appropriate place in the dining hall / sandwich room.
· To assist children with eating their meal if applicable.
· To clear tables when meals are finished and clear up any associated spillages.
· To enforce the necessary sanctions for maintaining good order.
· To administer basic first aid as required.
· To keep daily records of first aid administered, behaviour and sanctions employed, together with any other relevant records that may be needed.
· To provide pastoral care, guidance and routine advice to pupils as appropriate.
· Where necessary and appropriate to lead games and activities with the children.
· To alert Senior Midday Assistant and/or the Headteacher of any concerns regarding an individual child or group of children.