Download printable version
Are you passionate about Early Years Education?
Are you hungry to learn and develop?
Are you looking to be part of a fun and supportive team?
Salary: £24,310.00 - £26,520 (£11.00 - £12.00 per hour) Additional responsibilities can be negotiated
Job type: Full time, permanent
Gilwell Hill Nursery and Pre-School is a warm and friendly nursery, providing care and education for up to 32 children between the ages of 3 months to 5 years. You will be working on a shift pattern within the nursery's opening hours.
We are open all year, except for one week in December. Our opening hours are 7:30am to 6:30pm, Monday to Friday.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
We are looking for a skilled, passionate and experienced practitioner to deliver outstanding early years education and care for our 8m-5 year olds.
· Contribute to the delivery and maintenance of developmentally appropriate, child centred, play-based provision.
· Maintain a nurturing environment needed to promote children's emotional stability, independence, autonomy and creativity.
· Develop and maintain a partnership with parents and value their contributions,
· Carry out observations
· Ensure quality and safety standards are maintained at all times.
· Provide regular feedback to the manager about quality of provision.
· Produce a monthly plan, and
· Develop and maintain appropriate positive behaviour strategies with children
· Uphold the principles of good practice in inclusion and equal opportunities
· Ensure all correct policies, procedures and practices are adhered to.
· Understand the safeguarding and child protection policies and procedures for the setting and local authority.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Progress to more senior positions within the nursery.
· We have invested in FAMLY reducing paperwork and giving you more time to focus on the children.
Ongoing training and development opportunities, including in Forest School Leadership and Montessori.
Regular supervision, mentoring, support and coaching.
Free breakfast, lunch and tea.
Employer contribution Pension Scheme.
Bonus for long-term service.
Discount on Childcare Fees.
· Have a passion for children and childcare.
· Ideally have a minimum NNEB, NVQ/CACHE Level3 in Childcare or equivalent qualification /QTS.
· Have experience of working with babies / toddlers/ pre-schoolers in a nursery setting for at least one year.
· Have a key eye for health and safety and safeguarding issues.
- You will be working full time on a shift pattern within the nursery's opening hours (7:30-6:30). Although we are happy to find a working pattern that fits around you.