Download printable version
Harwich & Dovercourt High School
Head of Performing Arts
Pay Range: Teachers Main Pay Scale M1- M6 plus TLR2b
SALARY IN FIGURES (£25,714 - £36,961)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to raise standards of student attainment and achievement in Performing Arts and to monitor and support student progress.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● To lead the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work and teaching and learning strategies in Performing Arts which reflect the school's commitment to high achievement through effective teaching and learning.
● To keep up to date with national developments in subject areas and teaching practice and methodology.
● To ensure that staff development needs are identified and that appropriate programmes are designed to meet such needs.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Qualified teacher status
· Excellent classroom practitioner across the age and ability range
· Proven classroom management ability
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Harwich & Dovercourt High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please apply via the URL link below:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 25th May 2022.
Interviews will be held on Friday 27th May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
Harwich and Dovercourt High School is a vibrant, caring school serving the community. Every student is welcomed, challenged and supported to achieve their full potential and every student has opportunities and experiences to ensure their schooling is fulfilling and enjoyable.
At Harwich and Dovercourt High School we believe in partnerships between students, staff and the home. We believe in responsibility, ambition and commitment, where no challenge is too great and where great futures are nurtured.
Our goal is for every student to be proud of their efforts and achievement and for every parent and carer to be proud of their child, school and community. Our pledge is to work tirelessly in the pursuit of excellence.