Download printable version
CLACTON COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL
ASSISTANT YEAR MANAGER
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 5 (Point 8-11)
Actual Salary from: £17,316
Start Date: September 2022
As a consequence of our growth and expansion, an opportunity has arisen at Clacton County High School for the newly created role of Assistant Year Manager, forming part of an excellent and dedicated pastoral team primarily supporting students within a specific year group but also extending beyond into the wider school community.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Year Manager (non-teaching) and the Pastoral Year Leader (teaching) dealing with a range of day-to-day school related matters in relation to students as well as working closely with senior leaders, other teaching and support colleagues, parents and external agencies.
We are looking for a motivated person to complement the current team, to be a role model for our students, supporting those who require assistance in overcoming any barriers to learning so they are able to access the full curriculum in order to achieve their potential.
The pastoral support team at CCHS is committed to our guiding principles of 'Higher Expectations, Raising Aspirations, Transforming Lives'. The role of Assistant Year Manager is expected to promote and instil these ideals, encouraging all students within their care to engage with their learning and to build positive, respectful and lasting relationships with others to become successful and valued citizens.
If you have:
• Exceptional organisational and communication skills.
• A shared passion for the ethos of making a real difference to young people with the
ability to motivate, inspire and have high expectations of students.
• A commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
If you are:
• A dynamic person looking for an opportunity to work within the education sector.
• Enthusiastic and committed, adaptable and positive.
• Excited to be part of a committed and caring pastoral team supporting children to
realise their potential.
…. then CCHS is the school for the next step in your career.
Full details can be found in the attached job outline and person specification, please complete an application form to become part of the CCHS experience.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To be an initial point of contact for parents/carers developing positive and supportive home/school relationships.
· As part of the pastoral team structure, contribute to the provision and organisation of mentoring programmes to support progress and attainment.
· To provide support and structure through a consistent application of the school's Behaviour for Learning policy and ensure students meet the standards of school uniform requirements.
· To assist the year manager and pastoral leader in dealing with any day to day pastoral issues as they arise.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Clacton County High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
This post is 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year (Term time only).
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please visit the following link:
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date: 9am, Monday 16th May 2022
Interviewing will take place week beginning 23rd May 2022
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
The Sigma Trust is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of any protected characteristics. This is embedded in our vision 'To Be Greater Than The Sum Of Its Parts', where we believe we are strong and more successful working together, creating a workplace which celebrates diversity.
Information about the School
CCHS is a forward-thinking school with an innovative curriculum designed to meet the needs of all students whatever their ability or need. With an expanding number of students, currently approximately 1700, including a sixth form of around 300, we pride ourselves on creating a personal and supportive environment to promote higher expectations and raise aspirations.
In September 2018, CCHS was rated by Ofsted as a good school with many outstanding features, particularly in regard to leadership and our sixth form provision. We are also proud to be the lead school for the local teacher training scheme.
As well as a firm commitment to all of our students, we are also very committed to supporting colleagues, providing a great CPD and training programme with opportunities for career progression and enhancement.