Download printable version
The School administrator will support the efficient and effective running of school administration tasks.
Full-time (term-time only plus some days in school holidays + Inset days) Maternity cover with possibility of becoming permanent.
· The post-holder will support all aspects of school administration as part of the school office team.
Administrative and Clerical
· To provide administrative support for the staff of the school including teaching, site and kitchen staff
· To manage the school mail including electronic mailboxes.
· To support effective communications with parents including by email and phone.
· To produce reports as required for the Headteacher, Proprietor and Inspectors
· To arrange supply staff when required.
· To maintain up to date staff lists.
· To manage the process for applying for staff training courses and to maintain an accurate record of staff training.
· To administer the school clubs, including Late Stay, including the sign-up process and liaison with external providers
· To liaise with representatives from the Friends of Widford Lodge (FOWL) to support the smooth arrangement and running of FOWL events
· To support the running of charity events by the school, including liaison with charities
· To arrange transport to school educational and sporting events
· To order consumable supplies and maintain effective stock control for the office.
· To report faults and malfunctions of office equipment
· To support the admissions process including contact with prospective parents, management of admission and waiting lists and admissions administration
· To manage the preparation of induction packs for new starters.
· To arrange tours of and visits to the school by parents and prospective pupils
School Finances (Computerised and Manual)
· To update the school's payment system to incorporate new trips, events, clubs and other items
· To arrange communication with parents and the collection of payments for school trips using SIMS Pay
· To update and maintain all records within the school database system and provide reports; to carry out end of the year arrangements.
· To update and maintain computerised pupil records, including attendance, contact details, medical information, behaviour and achievement.
· To support the maintenance of the admissions register and processes for admission to and leavers from the school.
· To provide child protection and pupil records when requested.
· To complete statutory forms/returns for DfE, LEA and ISC.
· To undertake effective maintenance of all pupil records including archiving when necessary.
· To ensure that the school complies with the Data Protection and Freedom of Information Acts
· To manage the preparation and marketing of the school's Open Day
· To have responsibility for the preparation, updating and production of the school prospectus
· To produce and distribute the fortnightly school newsletter
· To have responsibility for updating the school website
· To have responsibility for the regular marketing of the school and school events, including through social media, press and advertising
Telephone and Reception:
· To provide first point of contact service for visitors, staff, parents and pupils in person and by phone
· To administer first aid and medicine for pupils according to the relevant school policy
· To maintain accurate and comprehensive records
· To support recruitment processes
· To arrange staff training courses, monitor the expiry of training and ensure training is renewed
· To support the management of the school's Single Central Register
Support for the school
· To contribute to the maintenance of pupils' safety and security;
· To review and develop their own professional practice;
· To recognise confidentiality, child protection procedures, Health & Safety, and adhere to the policies of the School;
· To keep accident, incident records;
· To attend staff meetings;
· Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the school proprietor, Headteacher and line manager.
Information about the School
Widford Lodge is a unique and special learning environment. We have been instilling a love of learning in pupils between the ages of 2 ½ and 11 for over 80 years.
Widford Lodge aims to educate its pupils through a broad and balanced curriculum so that they can meet the challenges of the wider world.
Children of all abilities are educated in a purposeful, safe and secure environment where emphasis is placed on the traditional values of honesty, courtesy and respect of self and others. Since September 2018 we have been a Forest school.