Download printable version
We wish to appoint an experienced individual to provide pastoral support within our school, to uphold our high standards and achieve the aims of the school.
We are looking for an immediate start for the following role:
Assistant Head of Year
The successful applicant will be expected to work with pastoral staff to maintain our high standards of behaviour and attendance, encourage students' engagement in co-curricular and extra-curricular activity and support the achievement and progress of students.
The successful candidates will need to:
· Demonstrate that they are proactive and able to use their own initiative to make decisions within the scope of their role
· Demonstrate the confidence to communicate clearly and effectively with large groups of students and in one to one situations
· Evidence a clear and fluent written style for effective communication with parents and professionals
· Demonstrate the resilience to handle sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy but also to follow up with tenacity when upholding school policies
· Demonstrate an ability to collate, manipulate (via Excel etc.) and analyse data to support the achievement and well-being of students
· Have a "can do" attitude to join our efficient, friendly team and able to effectively work under pressure
Information about the School
The Gilberd school is entering an exciting phase, having recently formed Alpha Multi-Academy Trust, consisting of three secondary schools in the Colchester district.
At The Gilberd School you will find:
- A school rated by Ofsted as being “Outstanding”
- An exceptionally welcoming school.
- Enthusiastic, polite and well-behaved students, who are eager to learn.
- Hardworking, positive and motivated colleagues who support each other.
- Superb classrooms and resources to support teaching and learning.
- Excellent CPD and career development opportunities.
- As a consequence, outcomes across the curriculum are outstanding.
“We are very much a community school at the heart of a local neighbourhood and we aim to provide a place where our students can feel safe, valued and happy. We pride ourselves on being a very friendly school and have been consistently commended on our excellent care and guidance. We are committed to providing a safe yet challenging learning environment where all our students can achieve. Our aim is to ensure that all students leave having made good progress with first rate academic qualifications and the wider skills needed for life.” Linda Exley, Headteacher
The Gilberd School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The appointment is subject to references and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure.