Download printable version
Required for September 2019, Class Teacher initially to work in Key Stage 1.
Full Time. Permanent.
Closing date: Thursday 13th June at midday.
WANTED! For September: A passionate and motivated teacher with a good sense of humour.
This is an exciting time to join us on our journey towards improvement.
We are looking for a teacher who:
· Has a love of teaching and a 'can-do' attitude
· Plans fun and engaging learning opportunities for children
· Has high expectations and can motivate and support all pupils
· Is keen to work as part of a team
· Is friendly, committed and reflective
· Has excellent organisation and communication skills
· Enjoys problem solving and finding positive solutions.
We can offer:
· Children who are interested and excited to learn
· A friendly school with hard working staff who want the best for their children
· A positive and caring ethos
· An inclusive school
· A supportive governing body
· Regular cake!
Visits to the school are actively encouraged and warmly welcomed.
Please contact the school office on 01206 578080 to make an appointment or for more information.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and expect staff to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to safer recruitment requirements to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people. All positions are subject to positive references, appropriate checks and clearances including a DBS.
Information about the School
St George’s Infant School and Nursery is a three-form entry school serving the local community of New Town Colchester. We are a very cohesive and inclusive school and we aim to ensure that every member of our school community is equally valued. The school serves a mixed catchment area, with an ever increasing amount of social housing privately rented accommodation and some privately owned homes.
The majority of the children are of white British heritage but we have some children from other cultures and religious backgrounds and beliefs. We have good links with local community groups, e.g. St Stephen’s Church and work closely with our Partner Junior school. We are also part of the Tiptree and Stanway Consortium of schools.