Download printable version
The Yellow House School is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated tutor to work with children aged 13 to 17. We have an extraordinary team of tutors who work 1:1 and in small groups with our pupils. Our pupils range in need from ASD, ADHD, emotional dysregulation, PTSD and anxiety disorders, among others. We are looking for someone to join our team and to lead Science in the school.
Main Duties include:
· To support and liaise with the Therapeutic Manager in implementing therapeutic interventions i.e. developing therapeutic resources for use under the direction and guidance of the Therapeutic Manager and Head Teacher.
· To support and liaise with the Allotment Manager in maintaining the school's allotment as a learning resource, under the direction and guidance of the curriculum manager and Head Teacher.
· And will undertake any other duties tasks or responsibilities which may reasonably be required by the managers.
· Liaise with other staff; social workers and other professionals, parents of children, outside agencies and members of public.
· Help to ensure an emotionally and physically safe and stimulating learning environment for children.
· Write daily records and make relevant contributions to review reports.
· Attend and contribute to meetings (including staff and review meetings).
· Have a thorough knowledge of the curriculum and be committed to supporting children in achieving their targets.
· Understand and be committed to The Yellow House philosophy, policy and practice, vision and values.
· Take responsibility for the care and appropriate use of The Yellow House resources.
· Promote and maintain good relationships with the local community.
· Show commitment to personal development, e.g. through undertaking training.
· Transportation of children, as driver or as escort.
· Deliver / cover and record outcomes of planned lessons to pupils, across the whole Yellow House curriculum, as required.
· Contribute to the baseline assessment of children admitted to the school.
· Monitoring, recording and reporting progress of the pupils in the centre.
· Plan, prepare, deliver and evaluate units and modules of study to pupils under the direction of the Head Teacher / Curriculum Manager.
· Undertake therapeutic work with individuals and groups of pupils.
· Working in partnership with other staff in the day to day running of the centre and the management of the children.
· Work in close collaboration with parents through home visits and act as a key worker for designated pupils.
A full drivers License and access to a vehicle are essential as we work across two sites.
If you are organised, have an interest in working with children with additional needs and experience working with young people, we'd like to hear from you. Please send your CV and application form to the school address.
The Yellow House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check, verification of qualifications, and 2 satisfactory references.