Download printable version
St Mary's CE (Foundation) Primary School, Hampton Road Stansted CM24 8FE
JOB TITLE: LKS2 CLASSROOM TEACHER - Maternity Cover
Required fromFebruary 2020
SALARY RANGE: TEACHERS' MAIN PAY SCALE
1. Purpose of the job
We are excited about the future and are looking for a dynamic classroom teacher to join our team on our continued journey of school improvement
We are looking for a teacher who:
· is ambitious, enthusiastic, energetic and enjoys having fun
· is creative and exciting in their teaching
· holds high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
· is keen to work as a team in planning and delivering high quality lessons
· has a sound understanding of good practice, assessment and personalised learning
2. Job context
St Mary's welcomes Teachers with high professional standards. As a leadership team we share the responsibility for our pupils' progress and also for the continued development of our teaching team's expertise.
At St Mary's we are:
· A cheerful and hard-working team committed to improving the outcomes for our pupils
· We have a very supportive SLT, Parents and Governing Body
· Our pupils are engaged, happy and have a positive attitude to their learning
3. Main duties
All teachers work within the statutory conditions of the current School Teachers' Pay and Conditions Document. The duties listed below are not, therefore, an exhaustive list of what is required.
· Be responsible for the quality of teaching and learning of all pupils assigned to you.
· Supervise the work of any support staff, including higher level teaching assistants and support teachers, who work with your pupils.
· Provide leadership across the school in a designated subject or curriculum area (unless you are an NQT)
· Help support the wider work of the school to enrich the lives and outcomes for our school community
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged and welcomed. For further details contact the school office on 01279 812212. We look forward to hearing from you.
Acting Head Teacher
St. Mary's is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment procedures are employed; this appointment will be subject to enhanced CRB check and satisfactory references.