Download printable version
Special Needs Learning Support Assistant
Pay range: LGPS Scale 3, range point 4 -5, Point 5, FTE (NJC April 2021) £19,264 TO £19650, Estimated at £14,376 to £14,664
Weeks / Year: 44.3
Hours / Week: 32.5 (8:30 am - 3:30 pm) with a 30 minute break
Contract type: Temporary / Fixed Term (Contract will last for the period of time that the child remains at our school)
Start: As soon as possible, as soon as all safer recruitment checks are completed
Applications close: 6th September 2022; Interviews are on a rolling basis so early application is advised. We reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Interviews: T.B.A. (Interview may be pre the closing date as soon as suitable applications are received).
Are you an enthusiastic, fantastic primary Learning Support Assistant looking for your next challenge?
Maldon Primary School, part of The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), one of the largest Multi-Academy Trusts in the South and East of England, with 4 primary schools in Essex and overall 45 Primary, Secondary and Special Academies in the TKAT Family (www.tkat.org). Our pupils are at the heart of everything we do, and we strive to inspire learners and change lives through great teaching, leadership and learning for all.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is able to provide learning activities for classes under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher and who is able to assist in plan, prepare and deliver lessons and assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment. To provide one to one support for a child with additional educational needs in EYFS starting as soon as possible. The contract will last for the period of time that the child remains at our school.
Experience in working with Special Needs children would be expected. This role will require some flexibility and liaison with teaching and midday supervising staff to ensure the child's needs are met throughout the school day. Personal care for children will be required. We believe that all children thrive in an environment in which they are happy, challenged and secure: secure in the knowledge they are safe and cared for; challenged to achieve their best; and happy in the knowledge they are each appreciated for their individuality and their achievements. We are looking to recruit a qualified, highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our team.
We are looking for
● An exemplary classroom practitioner,
● Inspired with passion and ambition,
● An energetic, creative and committed professional,
● An optimist with a can-do approach,
● A role model who sets high expectations and establishes productive working relationships with pupils and staff,
● Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils within the classroom,
● Deliver learning activities to pupils as directed by the class teacher / SENDCo,
● Someone who takes the initiative to adjust activities according to pupil responses/needs,
● Support pupils consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
● Committed to achieving high standards.
We will offer you
● A comprehensive induction programme,
● A supportive and forward-thinking leadership team,
● Friendly and supportive environment, where everyone is committed to a work life balance,
● The opportunity to be part of exciting development and innovative change,
● Trust resources and materials to help plan and deliver great lessons,
● School-to-school support from fellow TKAT schools,
● Through our strong Teaching School Alliance, high quality on-going professional development,
● Regular opportunities to meet and engage with fellow professionals from TKAT and beyond,
● Opportunities for career progression.
● Free 24/7 access to Employee Assistance Program to help maintain a healthy work/life balance,
● On-site parking,
● TKAT Widerwallet discount program with a wealth of discounts
We strongly encourage a visit to our school is made prior to application. Visits can be arranged by contacting our friendly office email@example.com or by phone 01621 853409.
Maldon Primary School is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic for example race, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age. All applications are treated on merit.
Maldon Primary School is committed to the protection and safety of its students and the successful candidate will be subject to DBS, Bared List and two reference checks as part of the Schools Safeguarding Procedures. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post in accordance with the Immigration Act 2016.
● Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
● We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications. If you have not had any communication within 10 days of the closing date please take this as confirmation that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
● Safeguarding: TKAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to the full Safer Recruitment process, including an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
● Our Commitment - Equal, Inclusive, Diverse: TKAT is committed to inclusion, diversity and equality of opportunity by encouraging and welcoming differences, listening to individual experiences, aspirations and accomplishments and learning how to grow better together. We welcome applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of any protected characteristic; this includes applicants wishing to work flexibly.
● Access to interview: - should you be selected and invited to interview please let us know if you require us to adapt the interview environment. If we can accommodate practical workplace adjustments to assist we will.
● We reserve the right to close the vacancy early should we receive a significant number of applications.