Download printable version
Assistant Headteacher Personal Development
Salary: Leadership L11-15
Full time, Permanent
Start date: September 2022
Closing date: Monday23 May 2022
William de Ferrers School is offering an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of a thriving, 11-18 secondary school, situated in the heart of South Woodham Ferrers community.
We are seeking to appoint and develop adynamic leader who will uphold the ethos of the school and foster the desire in our students to aspire, persevere and achieve. The successful candidate will inspire young people to aim high and give them the tools and resilience to achieve highly and realise their dreams.
Working as a team is integral to the ethos of William de Ferrers leadership. The successful candidate will be expected to work in close collaboration with other school leaders and be line managed and supported by the deputy headteacher.
Thisposition would be ideal for someone who is interested in developing their career to deputy headship and both roles offer the real opportunity to affect positive change for young people.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at William de Ferrers School as we continue to move forward under the leadership of our headteacher, Mike Applewhite.
This position would suit someone who:
- Has a strong track record of middle leadership
- Has a successful record of managing people
- Models excellent teaching in their own practice
- Has led staff development and training
- Can develop strong relationships with parents, staff, students and outside agencies
- Can inspire other adults to support children
- Is ambitious with their own career
- Is creative and solution focused
The candidates will need to:
- Plan, monitor and evaluate their own areas of responsibility
- Develop a high profile and visible presence in and around the school
- Work closely within the senior leadership team
- Have a good understanding of how to create a culture of professional learning
- Be flexible and willing to undertake a wide range of school leadership responsibilities
We welcome prospective candidates to discuss this role with a member of the senior leadership team. Please contact Sarah Clarkson, PA to the headteacher by email: email@example.com or call 01245 326305.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
William de Ferrers School is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. As such all applicants will be required to submit details of two references who may be contacted in advance of interviews for shortlisted candidates. The successful applicant will also be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Details of application form and job description are available from the school website on: www.wdf.school. Please email the school for further information or for a pack to be posted to: firstname.lastname@example.org.