Download printable version
The Sigma Trust
Early Career Teachers
Pay Range: Teachers Main Pay Scale
Starting Salary £25,714
Start Date: July 2022
The Sigma Trust is seeking dynamic, motivated Early Career teachers to join our schools from September 2022 in the following subjects:
English at The Stanway School, St Helena, Harwich and Dovercourt High School and Clacton County High School
Maths at The Stanway School, St Helena, Harwich and Dovercourt High School, Clacton County High School and The Colne Community School and College
Science at The Stanway School and Clacton County High School
Computer Science at Clacton County High School
Spanish and/or French at Philip Morant School & College
Spanish at Clacton County High School
Religious Education at Harwich and Dovercourt High School
Please indicate your preference for a particular school or area, in the space provided on the application form.
As a Teacher, your key responsibilities will include:
- Teach your subject with an enthusiasm
- Plan and deliver engaging lessons
- Assess and provide feedback
- Provide care, guidance and support to our young people.
- Work as a member of a team
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- A willingness to keep up to date with subject knowledge & pedagogy;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children;
- The ability to organise and prioritise your own workload;
- A positive, helpful and courteous manner when carrying out your professional duties.
Why work for The Sigma Trust?
We can offer you:
- Employment on Teachers Pay & Conditions
- Friendly and value driven workplaces
- A robust CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunity to teach across the year groups
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits:Employee Assistance Programme (Staff Wellbeing scheme), Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, access to discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms and discounted cinema tickets.
For additional information about the Trust and its schools, please visit our website https://www.sigmatrust.org.uk/our-academies/
If you are currently registered with an ITT programme in any of the above subjects, we would love to hear from you.
To apply for any of these posts, please complete an application form (indicating any preferences for which school you would like to work at), available from this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend an Assessment Day at one of our schools which will include a lesson observation, face to face interview and task.
Closing date: 4pm Monday, 6th December 2021
Assessment Centre date: TBC
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.