Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Modern Foreign Languages Academic Support Assistant
Pay Range: Local Government Scale 4-5 (Point 6-7)
Start Date: As soon as possible (fixed until 22nd July 2022)
This role is ideal for graduates with a French and/or Spanish degree who are interested in becoming a teacher in the future. You will be based in the school's Modern Foreign Languages department either supporting in lessons, or leading small groups or 1:1 interventions. You will work under the close direction of the MFL team, who will provide you with activities and assessments.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
● Demonstrate an enthusiasm for the subject which will inspire student progress
● Support and deliver speaking and listening activities to individuals and one-to-one
● Comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health and safety in the workplace
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant High School?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that only fully completed application forms will be accepted and any CV's and accompanying covering letters will be disregarded. A Notes for Applicants document is attached for further information.
Closing date:Midnight, Sunday 24th October 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.