Download printable version
TEACHER OF ENGLISH
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale
Salary from £25,714 - £41,604 (Point M1 - U3)
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking an outstanding individual to join Paxman Academy in Colchester. The school opened to Year 7 students in September 2019 and is a co-educational, fully comprehensive 11-16 academy with a PAN of 180. It is a heavily oversubscribed school which is held in high regard in the community.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious Teacher of English who will exhibit passion for their subject and instil a love of learning.
- The position will suit an experienced or newly qualified teacher.
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible as the school reserves the right to close the advert should we feel able to appoint an appropriate candidate.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Teaching through the secondary range for Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Demonstrating an enthusiasm for the subject which will inspire student progress.
- Demonstrating a capacity to design materials that are differentiated and will engage students in the learning process.
- Competent use of IT and a willingness to use it to plan and teach lessons.
- Working effectively with staff and students at all levels.
- Ensuring students are engaged in their learning.
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
- Qualified Teacher Status and Relevant Degree.
- Experience of teaching within the subject area in Key Stages 3 and 4.
- Knowledge of the National Curriculum for their subject.
- Commitment to safeguarding and child protection.
- The ability to plan and teach effectively using a variety of strategies.
- Flexibility, energy, are adaptable and have the ability to use initiative.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with both adults and children.
- High aspirations and expectations for their students and themselves.
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Paxman Academy?
We can offer you:
- A competitive salary
- Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
- Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
- Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org reference 731.Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 28th September 2021
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
Paxman Academy opened in September 2019 and admitted 180 Year 7 students in the first year.
Paxman Academy is committed to providing an ordered, stimulating learning environment in which all students are encouraged to achieve their best. It is determined that all students should be valued through the provision of a broad, relevant, balanced and challenging curriculum that caters for individual needs; this is encouraged within an atmosphere of mutual respect. The Academy recognises its role within the broader community. It is determined to maintain a STEM focus throughout the curriculum and across extended learning opportunities. It identifies learning as a lifelong process and values the contribution made by parents and others to the creation of a partnership. Within this partnership, and through learning opportunities provided, students will develop skills, attitudes and values that prepare them to accept the challenges and responsibilities of adult life.
Paxman Academy embraces the values of The Sigma Trust to ensure that all students will fulfil their potential and transform life chances for all.