Download printable version
We are looking to recruit an exceptional Deputy SENCO to join our SEN Team.
The Basildon Academies are two ambitious Academies operating across two sites. The Lower Academy specialises in the teaching of our students aged 11 - 14 whilst the Upper Academy specialises in our 14 - 19 year old student populations. The Academies are approximately 1 mile apart.
We are looking for colleagues who share the drive and passion necessary to ensure every student achieves their potential. We are dedicated to supporting staff to build a fulfilling career offering excellent support and development.
The Deputy SENCO is responsible for assisting SENCO with the coordination of the SEN Department in order to provide support for our students. The successful candidate will manage the team of Co-Educators as well as co-ordinating day to day timetabling of in-class support, work with the exams officer to co-ordinate exam arrangement and support EHCP plans and annual reviews.
The SEN team support students individually in one to one meetings, in small groups and in class working with the students on a range of needs to remove any barriers to learning.
- The successful candidate should demonstrate they can:
- Support the SENCO across both academies to ensure high quality provision for all SEN students
- Oversee the Preparation of paperwork for all Annual Reviews, including running these meetings
- Manage SEND staff in the deployment of Co-Educators and the delivery of interventions
- Collaborate closely with teaching staff and the pastoral teams in order to achieve effective provision including cover
- Maintain the SEN register and other records in line with Code of Practice
- Oversee students coded SEN K ensuring that everything is in place for them to make progress in line with their targets.
The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate with pupils and teachers on all levels. Previous work experience in a school or Academy is desired but not essential, however:
- · you must have 5 GCSE Grade C or above including English and Mathematics
- · be able to evidencethe ability to work independently, using own initiative and be able to make decisions confidently
- · have strong experience of office procedures and administration including MS Office
- · have excellent interpersonal skills with clear and concise communication
The role is band 5 FTE £27,289, hours as follows:
The Basildon Academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to DBS and health checks. The Basildon Academies are committed to providing appropriate and effective support to ensure professional development.
Information about the School
The Basildon Academies is focused upon developing the whole child; our curriculum has been developed to enable our students to develop their knowledge, understanding and skills so that they will become lifelong learners. This includes opportunities for linguistic, mathematical, scientific, technical, human, social, physical and artistic learning so that students make progress in a wide range of subjects.
We set high expectations of all our students and this, in turn, ensures we create a positive climate for learning in which every student can reach their full potential. Our Academy is a calm, orderly and purposeful environment where students enjoy their learning, make good progress and feel safe.
Our Sixth Form is a major part of the academy with the structure modelling itself on developing independent learning skills like those seen in universities which allows students to continue their studies in their specialist subject areas. Students are very much encouraged to become mature adults being engaged in many aspects of the life of the academy which further develops those much needed skills to go on into university or the world of work.