Download printable version
Philip Morant School & College
Teacher of Modern Foreign Languages
Pay Range: Teachers Main/Upper Pay Scale £25,714 - £41,604 (Point M1 - UPR3)
Start Date: January 2021
We are seeking an outstanding individual to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
· To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the subject area
· To engage actively in the Performance Management Review process
· To maintain appropriate records and to provide relevant accurate and up to date information for CMIS, registers etc
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Qualified Teacher Status
· Knowledge of the National Curriculum for their subject
· The ability for further career progression within the teaching profession
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School & College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Discounted Gym Membership at selected local gyms
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to email@example.com . Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: Wednesday 21st October 2020 at 12pm. Interviews will be held on Friday 23rd October 2020.
The Sigma Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks. We ensure that we have a range of policies in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across our schools.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.