Download printable version
The Christus Catholic Trust are seeking to appoint:
30 hours per week
Monday to Friday, 08:30am until 3.30pm - term time only plus 5 INSET Training days, as required by the Academy.
Salary - Band 3 (CCT Thurrock Academies Pay Scale) - Salary Range - Point 9-16 (£18,066-20,435 Full Time Equivalent). Salary to be pro-rata
Start date:October 2020 (September start date possible)
Location: St Mary's Catholic Primary, Tilbury
This is a great opportunity for an individual who will:
· Be enthusiastic, confident and able to show initiative and resilience
· Be professional and reliable.
· Be an effective communicator with pupils and staff
· Be self-motivated with high expectations of self and others
· Holds at least an A-C pass in GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent)
· Have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with pupils, treating them with respect and consideration.
The successful applicant would be expected to:
· Work under direct supervision of the class teachers and/or the Higher Level Teaching Assistants and be expected to use their own initiative to organise activities and tasks
· Use initiative and contribute to creating a stimulating and purposeful learning environment
· Work in partnership with other Teaching Assistants
· Undertake daily duties as a Midday Assistant
· Provide feedback to the class teacher on pupils progress
· Support the class teacher in planning differentiated work for pupils
· Create simple resources to support the pupils work, as appropriate
· Attend INSET days and training as identified by the Head teacher
· Be fully supportive of the Catholic ethos of the school
Information about the Academy:
St Mary's is a 'Good' school (OFSTED, Jan 2017) situated in Tilbury very close to Tilbury Town C2C station with quick rail links into London. We have our own parking facilities with direct road links to the M25, A13 and A127.
We are committed to ensuring that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education
The academy and The Christus Catholic Trust will offer:
· a dynamic and collaborative team of professionals across the academy and Trust, who work together and are committed to creating an ethos of mutual support whilst providing an effective Catholic education for the children in our communities.
· Commitment to ensure that every child in our community has access to the highest possible standard of education
· The desire to appoint staff, who share our high expectations of everyone in our community, who enjoy working as a member of a team and who take solution -focused approach.
· A comprehensive programme of Professional Development for staff at all levels
St Mary's Catholic Primary School and The Christus Catholic Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and other pre-employment checks. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 4th September 2020 at 3pm
Interviews date to be confirmed, but note it will take place via ZOOM (virtual communication)
If you want to visit the academy please email palomaGI@Christus.org.uk who will liaise with the academy to arrange your visit.
*** IMPORTANT ***
Please ensure you download our application pack and forms. If you have any problems downloading the forms please contact the Trust HR Manager on palomaGI@Christus.org.uk.
A completed application form and all other related documents should be sent by email to: palomaGI@Christus.org.uk
Please note that we do not accept CVs or applications from agencies.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted