Download printable version
Philip Morant School and College
Pay Range: Local Government Band 1 Point 1 £9.00 per hour
Start Date: As soon as possible
We are seeking to appoint a part-time cleaner to undertake cleaning within the school according to Procedures Codes using a variety of methods including machinery and adhering to safety regulations.
16 hours per week - Monday - Friday 4.00pm - 7.10pm
43 weeks per year - term time, plus 5 training days, plus 4 weeks during school holidays
LGPS Band 1 point 1 £9.00 per hour
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
. To carry out cleaning in all and any areas of the school
· Frequency of cleaning to be undertaken as directed by Procedure Codes
· Assisting with the locking and unlocking of school buildings and rooms including windows
· To carry out as necessary the replacement to roller towels, renewing supply of toilet rolls, refill soap dispensers and replacement of bin liners
(The full details can be found in the attached Job Outline and Person Specification).
We're looking for you if you have:
· Ability to use heavy duty floor cleaning machines general cleaning products
· Ability to carry out cleaning duties in all area of the school
Why work for The Sigma Trust, Philip Morant School and College?
We can offer you:
· A Competitive Salary
· Robust school CPD training programme that enables you to flourish
· Opportunities to work with colleagues across the Trust to share resources, ideas and build collaborative relationships
· Employee Benefits: Employee Assistance Programme, Pension Scheme
For additional information about the Trust and this school, please visit our website www.sigmatrust.org.uk
To apply for this post, please complete an application form, available from The Sigma Trust/this website and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 229. Please read the Notes for Applicants document attached.
Closing date: 22nd November 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
We are a large secondary school in Colchester and also enjoy a thriving Sixth Form College. We are a popular School with waiting lists for every year and are proud of our strong academic record. We have an excellent and enthusiastic staff led by a strong senior leadership team and we work hard to provide an environment where every student is valued and their varying needs met. Our pastoral care is based upon a highly successful house system and ensures support both for students and parents.