Download printable version
35hrs per week - Monday - Friday
Hours: 6:30am - 9:30am & 2:30pm - 18:30pm.
52.14 weeks per year (Annual leave must be taken during the school holidays)
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and caring person to work as our Caretaker/Cleaner. This is a highly valued and responsible position and it is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate the following qualities:
· A firm commitment to our school and its appearance and presentation
· Skilled in DIY to be able to make repairs, carry out general maintenance and decorating
· Energetic, pro-active and able to use your initiative
· Understanding and the implementation of Health and Safety and security procedures as required by legislation
· Able to supervise cleaning staff and liaise with contractors to include obtaining quotes for works etc.
· A good standard of written English/ICT skills will be required as accurate record keeping forms part of this role
Duties will also include locking and unlocking of the premises, being a primary key holder, attending call-outs, maintaining stocks of cleaning materials. Relevant training will be available.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Highfields Primary School and Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, medical clearances, and references.