Download printable version
POST TITLE: Mathematics Teacher
• Exemplary classroom practitioner
• Experienced teacher of Mathematics.
• An awareness of curriculum issues relating to Mathematics.
• Meeting the needs of students with Special Educational Needs and the Gifted and Talented
• Awareness and promotion of the use of ICT in the Mathematics curriculum
• Pastoral work in a school setting
• Degree in an appropriate Mathematics related discipline
• PGCE or other appropriate teaching qualification
• Up to date subject knowledge and skills
• A programme of relevant recent courses undertaken
• High order administrative skills
• An ability to lead and inspire pupils of all abilities
• Establish clear expectations and constructive working relationships amongst staff and pupils
• An ability to motivate and encourage participation in Mathematics both inside and outside the classroom
• Proven communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• An ability to work effectively as part of a team but also to be able to work independently
• ICT competence
• Personal Skills and Qualities
• Confidence, tenacity, flexibility and adaptability
• High level Emotional Intelligence
• Empathy for pupils, parents, staff and the community
• Energy and commitment
• A sense of humour and can-do attitude
The above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties that are generally in line with the above responsibilities from time to time.
Information about the School
Colchester High School has a proud and reputable history of providing students with the best education possible. We have our own traditions, characteristics, strengths, and our own – extremely high – standards.
Everybody associated with Colchester High School shares our ethos of small classes and high-quality individualised teaching. By sticking to these key principles, we can ensure that every pupil is given the opportunity to reach their full academic potential.