Download printable version
We are looking for an experienced, diverse, inspiring and dynamic Teacher to join our friendly school family forMaternity Cover from September. With the school due to be moving to a new site in September 2019, it's the ideal time to join us, with lots of exciting times ahead!
Lexden Springs is an inspiring school where no two days are ever the same (but a smile is always guaranteed!) which caters for pupils aged 3 - 19 who have a variety of severe learning difficulties, including some with autism and/or challenging behaviour and some with serious medical conditions.
We pride ourselves in having high quality and enthusiastic staff that encourage our pupils to achieve their fullest potential academically, socially, emotionally, physically, morally, spiritually and aesthetically, enabling each pupil to grow in confidence, and able to participate in the wider community. We support our staff in doing this by offering a high level of training and development throughout their time at Lexden Springs and encouraging them too to also reach their fullest potential.
To join our team you will need:
- To want to work therapeutically
- The ability to create a clear vision for the class
- The skills to develop the pupils to their full potential
- To have a strong track record of outstanding teaching
- To be able to assess pupils knowledge and understanding scaffolding their next steps accurately
- To have high expectations of students and experience of raising achievement
- Understand the complexities of SEN pupils
- Have QTS to understand the learning of our pupils
- Passion for pupils with SEND
In return we will provide:
- A dedicated and experienced support team
- Timetabled PPA
- Excellent training and support
- Supportive and proactive governors
- Awesome pupils and staff
- A variety of therapists in school for physio, speech & language and sensory
- The ability to undertake educational research
If you feel that this is you and that you have the drive from this role we would like to hear from you.
Visits to our school are encouraged and welcomed. Please call the school office to arrange a visit on (01206) 563321.
Lexden Springs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As part of the Safer Recruitment process the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.