Download printable version
We are looking for a part-time caretaker to maintain our school building and grounds. The position is for 10 hours per week 7:00am - 9:00am Monday to Friday, term time plus two weeks. The pay grade LGS Band 2 points 3-6 depending on experience. The actual salary will be £4251 to £4512 p.a.
We are looking for someone who:
- is a team player and will take pride in the appearance and maintenance of the school building and grounds
-able to follow property maintenance plans
- is enthusiastic, highly motivated, reliable and flexible
- has general building and caretaking skills
Duties will include:
- Minor building, carpentry and plumbing repairs
- PAT testing
- Health and safety (checking fire alarms, water temperatures, fences, risk assessments)
- Keeping the outside area tidy (sweeping, clearing bins and minor gardening)
- Other ad hoc caretaking duties including some Letting's as required
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application. You will need to be in good health due to the physical nature of some of the work and have a flexible approach.
In line with our safeguarding practices, we are only able to accept applications made through the Essex County Council website.
Great Waltham CoE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be offered a position subject to full pre-employment checks including two satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Information about the School
Great Waltham Church of England VC Primary School is situated in the pretty village of Great Waltham catering for pupils from 4 - 11. The school was built in 1865 and has wonderful character and beautiful grounds.
We pride ourselves in creating a caring environment based on Christian values which allows children to reach their full academic, social, moral and physical potential. The ethos of the school is to ASPIRE which is an acronym for Aspiration, strength, perseverance, integrity, responsibility and empathy, all staff and children hold these values dearly.