Download printable version
Inclusion Leader (SENCO)
Permanent & Part Time (expected to be 0.6FTE)
The team, children, governors and community are seeking a new Inclusion Leader to lead an ambitious and professional team in the pursuit of excellent learning in our happy, vibrant and inspiring school.
The successful candidate will:
- Be of the highest integrity; an elite colleague who leads by example.
- Provide excellent support as SENCO, being qualified with QTS and NASENCO.
- Be accountable for outcomes for the vulnerable students and low achievers.
- Be an active and effective member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Liaise with colleagues, families and external agencies.
- Be in a team of Deputy Designated Safeguarding Leads.
The school will provide:
- A motivated team, dedicated to improving the life chances of all students.
- A consortium network in which to work collaboratively.
- Dedicated Family Support Worker, Speech and Language, Therapeutic and Nurture Mentor services.
- A dedicated office space in which to work, free of timetabled class teaching commitments.
- A mission to strive to be the best we can be!
Further details are available to download from the school website. Please call us at the school or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Visits to the school are essential.
Closing date for applications: Monday 29th April 2019 at noon.
Interviews: Week of May 6th 2019
St. George's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all persons at the school to actively share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to a DBS clearance, employment checks and satisfactory references.
Information about the School
We are passionate about our school. Why? … you ask.
It’s simple really. St. George’s School is at the heart our community. Many of our children’s parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles were educated at St. George’s. The school has served four generations of the same families and we are very proud of our links with the community. St. George’s is a well-established school with a sense of pride, community spirit and values.
It is also a school which is proud to be pushing forward; trying to develop increasingly effective teaching and learning strategies that support all of our children … a truly inclusive place to be.
We are focused on improving many aspects of school life. We are developing excellent skills in assessment, are improving the way we skill children up as readers, writers and mathematicians, and supporting children effectively in both their learning and well-being. We also aim to improve the curriculum for all our young learners through improved breadth and depth, and are providing improved facilities, including state-of-the-art ICT resourcing. In recent years we have completed a new capital building programme which includes new classrooms, a new staff area, improved SEN areas and a new library. All our classrooms are newly refurbished … lovely places to teach and learn!
However, we still have much to do and believe that by working in partnership to achieve a common purpose we will establish a school that is at the cutting edge of educational practice.
So, as you can see, we really are passionate about our school and recognise that through enabling inspirational teaching, learning and leadership, we will set the school well on the way to improving further still.
The Headteacher and Governing Body