Download printable version
Ormiston Park Academy
Belhus Park Lane
Learning Support Assistant (with additional SEN responsibilities).
Start Date: Monday 6th November 2018
Salary: Band 3 + personal allowance for extra responsibilities
Location: Aveley, Essex
Contract Type: Term Time, Permanent.
ASCEND is a centre for students who have specific behavioural, emotional and/or social difficulties. The centre caters for 20 students ranging from years 7-11 and there is a high ratio of staff to students compared with mainstream schools. The high ratio allows for very small teaching groups and a percentage of one to one sessions where necessary. At ASCEND we believe that in order to create an environment of respect, trust and cooperation we have to work as a team. This must include the staff, students, parents and visitors to the centre. Our aim is to create students who can make a positive contribution to the wider community and are confident about themselves. It is vital that we empower and support our student's to make positive choices while at school and throughout their lives. To create an inclusive, happy, secure and stimulating learning environment, we encourage all members of the ASCEND community to grow in self-esteem, self-governance and develop their potential as human beings.
· Have the highest aspirations for the students you work with?
· Believe all students, regardless of ability and circumstances, can be outstanding?
· Champion the importance of education in shaping the future of young people?
· Want to embark on an exciting professional journey in a rapidly improving academy?
If so, we eagerly await your application.
Our vision of 'Believe and Achieve' underpins all aspects of academy life in our impressive, well-resourced new build and you will play a vital role in providing the highest quality provision, impacting positively on outcomes for our students, ensuring aspirations become reality.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will:
· Be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with students, parents, external agencies and Local Authority.
· Motivate and encourage pupils that you work with.
· Be ready to develop knowledge of the particular needs of the child.
· Attend regular Child Protection and Education Health Care Plan meetings.
· Commit to furthering your own professional Development through the bespoke opportunities on offer at the Academy.
For further details or to arrange a time to visit the Academy contact Sally Spraggon, PA to the Principal and Vice Principal on 01708-865180 or email@example.com. Application forms and details are available in the information-vacancies section of the website. All applications are to be returned electronically. Ormiston Park Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Appointments will be subject to references and enhanced DBS checks.
Closing date for receipt of Applications: Wednesday 18th October 2018
Interviews will be held Friday 20th October 2018