Download printable version
Starting 1st January 2019
The Lion Academy Trust is a non-profit making educational charity with over twenty years of experience in running schools in and around London and currently comprises of 6 primary schools in London and Essex and is expanding.
The Lion Academy Trust exists to support and assist schools to build upon their existing strengths and so achieve rapid educational transformation. Our trust comprises of both traditionally sponsored Academies and schools that have chosen to convert to academy status.
The Lion Academy Trust has secured elite partnerships with specialist groups and private sector companies to support the vision and principles of the trust, such as Institute of Education, SAMSUNG, London Leadership Collaborative (A five London Borough Leadership Development Collaborative). The Institute of Education has recently awarded us with the Professional Development Gold Award, which recognises the Lion Academy Trust as an outstanding practitioner of professional development.
The Lion Academy Trust schools are embedded within the Waltham Forest Teaching School Alliance, leading on Leadership Development, with an EYFS centre of excellence. We support a range of school improvement services including brokering support from our Specialist Leaders of Education to assist other schools.
We run a series of internal networks including NQTs, subject leaders, EYFS leaders, SEN and Inclusion leaders. Alongside our internal programmes we also facilitate and host licensed national programmes such as National Professional Qualification for Senior Leaders, Middle Leaders and Head Teachers.
We provide a range of low cost central services to our Academies and provide significant savings which are ploughed back into teaching and learning. The Executives Forum, comprising of all Heads of Schools, working with the CEO and Executive Principal is the key decision-making group in the Trust. We have secured a number of high profile Senior Executive Advisors who support schools with specific development projects and monitoring impact outcomes.
The Lion Academy Trust Board of Directors are seeking to increase capacity by appointing a Deputy Head Teacher who is a dynamic, ambitious committed and enthusiastic leader, who will proactively demonstrate skills and inspire staff. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Trust Executives and the trust board to move our schools forward, ensuring that our pupils have the best possible education and school experience.
Lion Academy Trust have high expectations, ambitious and hardworking staff and above all happy and enthusiastic children with a thirst for learning.
We are seeking a Deputy Head Teacher who is:
· an innovative, creative and strategic thinker
· able to lead, motivate, challenge and inspire whole school communities
· committed to achieving the highest possible standards of learning and teaching
· dynamic and enthusiastic with the vision and energy to help lead schools to excellence
· friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills and a passion for teaching
· experienced in school improvement with a proven track record of success and strong leadership in developing teaching and learning
We can offer you:
· a vibrant and rapidly improving school located in an area that is serviced by a huge number of amenities, as well as excellent transport
links including the A13, M25 and M11
· extremely well-behaved, friendly and aspirational children who are determined to make the most of their schooling
· a dynamic and dedicated team of teachers and support staff who want the best for their children
· a supportive and forward thinking Executive Body who can support and coach your career
· truly excellent opportunities for further professional development, through the Lion Academy Trust, on your leadership journey
· Have a superb opportunity to develop and grow professionally and to impact on children's learning
Any offer of employment for this post will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. Our Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
For an informal discussion, please contact Gemma Jacksonon 01268 683037.
Visits to the school are welcome, please contact Karen Egleton 01268 553547 to make an appointment.
Information about the School
Lion Education Trust (LET) and Lion Academy Trust (LAT) have an outstanding reputation nationally, are high performing, forward looking and innovative. They work hand in hand to lead schools across London and Essex.
Further details please visit: www.lioneducationtrust.net.