Download printable version
Band 3, point 17 Actual salary £15,006
Hours are 35 per week, Monday to Friday, term time only (plus one week).
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This popular school seeks to employ a calm, committed and enthusiastic Classroom Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will supervise whole classes during the short term absence of teaching staff, delivering material previously prepared.
Applicants must demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and literacy, have excellent MS skills and a knowledge of SIMS would be advantageous.
The postholder will have the following responsibilities:
To supervise whole classes during the short-term absence of teachers. Classroom managers will give instructions for the lesson as provided by a teacher and the primary focus of the role will be to maintain good order and to keep pupils on task.
Classroom managers will respond to general questions and provide general feedback to teachers but will not be required to undertake 'specified work' (planning, preparation, assessment, recording and reporting of achievement, progress and development). They may however be expected to deliver specific lessons such as Personal Development.
- To value and contribute to the school's achievement, ethos and commitment to raising standards of performance.
- To undertake general duties and responsibilities relating to lesson cover.
- To undertake attendance registration for each lesson.
- To accurately interpret the work set for students by absent teachers.
- To support students and clarify (on an individual basis if necessary) the instructions given.
- To maintain discipline and order within the classroom.
- To implement whole school policies so that students' learning and health and safety are consistently supported.
- To undertake training appropriate to the needs of the role.
- To be responsible for the best use, supervision and security of any resources within the classroom.
- To be responsible for the teaching room with regard to its good order, appearance and health and safety issues.
- To supervise the ISU (Isolation Unit) as and when required.
- Exam invigilation and/or scribing as and when required.
- To comply with the school's health and safety and safeguarding policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as required.
- To be prepared to work in the best interests of the students and their welfare.
Please apply using the school application form which can be downloaded from here or the school website or contact Yvette DeFeo on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01245 293711 and provide your contact details.
Information about the School
Great Baddow High School is a happy and successful 11-18 school benefitting from a large site and excellent specialist accommodation.
Our curriculum is broad and varied and provides opportunities for all learners to achieve; we pride ourselves on balancing modern approaches and technologies with traditional values.
A large proportion of our students stay on to join the sixth form and are joined by students from elsewhere. We have a very good sixth form centre and our sixth formers make a valuable contribution to the life of the school.
Great Baddow High School is a specialist science and sports college and is a centre of excellence for the region. Our students benefit from a vast number of enrichment opportunities in many other areas.
Our motto, always striving for higher things, encapsulates our vision for our students and staff.