Download printable version
MATHS - UNSALARIED/SALARIED
Location: Waltham Abbey, United Kingdom
Phase: Secondary Gender: Mixed
Age range: 11-16
King Harold Academy is looking to recruit high-quality graduates for our School-Based Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) programme. Training is provided by The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) SCITT.
About The Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT) SCITT
TKAT SCITT is an accredited ITT Provider offering secondary (11-16) and primary (5-11) school-based initial teacher training awarding Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) with the option to study for a Distance Learning Postgraduate Certificate in Education (DLPGCE) with Masters' credits. Our HEI Provider responsible for the PGCE is Leeds Beckett University.
TKAT SCITT provides primary and secondary teacher training for over 40 schools in our ITT partnership.
We offer a bespoke training programme: every training session is delivered by highly skilled, experienced and enthusiastic practitioners and subject experts, alongside specialist training in neuroscience, behaviour management and body language. Our training is relevant and responsive to current developments in education and provides a hands--on approach to classroom practice. We believe the best teachers are trained by outstanding practitioners.
We pride ourselves on the communication and support provided to trainees to enable them to successfully complete their training year and have a strong emphasis on trainee wellbeing.
We also support trainees in finding a suitable Early Career Teacher (ECT) post.
Trainees are required to complete a second placement as part of their training.
The second placement will be for six weeks in a contrasting setting. This enables us to ensure that we offer trainees a breadth of experience in their training year. Every effort is taken to place trainees in a school geographically convenient for them, without compromising their training needs.
Our programme is full-time (term time only). Trainees spend four days a week in school and one day a week taking part in curriculum and professional studies at a regional partner school, the Atkins Centre (Sidcup, DA14 5AA) or via live online sessions.
Financial information you need to know about the course:
Salary: Tax-free bursary of £24,000 (subject to eligibility, subject and DfE announcement every year) from the government + student loan if required
● Schools do not employ the trainee. Instead, schools receive a trainee on a placement and support the trainee with a trained mentor.
● Trainees have the opportunity to train in two schools.
● Trainees may receive a tax-free bursary of £24,000 (subject to eligibility and DfE announcement every year) from the government and can apply for a student loan if they need it to pay the course fees.
● A Subject Knowledge Enhancement course (SKE) might be available for applicants to brush up their subject if they do not have a degree in their chosen subject (applicants will need to have an A Level at minimum Grade B in the subject they wish to teach if they do not hold a subject-related degree) or they have studied at degree level over 5 years ago.
● Salaried teacher training positions are also available. Please contact to discuss the options.
● GCSE or equivalent at Grade C (Level 4) or above in English and Maths
● Degree at 2.2 or above (if this is not subject specific then an A level at grade B or above is desirable
● Right to work in the UK.
Interested parties should contact Jo Fogg, ITT Administrations Manager at email@example.com for more information. The application process is then completed via DfE Apply Service. More information can also be found at https://scitt.tkat.org/548/application-process-overview
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Address: King Harold Academy, Broomstick Hall Road, Waltham Abbey, EN9 1LF
Telephone: c/o 020 7340 1808 (option 1)
Information about the School
King Harold is a vibrant 11-16 mixed comprehensive school where each student is valued. The school is part of the Kemnal Academies Trust (TKAT), whose aims are to raise achievement and establish best teaching practices as an “Accredited Schools Group”.