Download printable version
Becket Keys' students are passionate about their school and staff will tell you that this is an exciting and exceptional place to work - with an 'Outstanding' Ofsted judgement awarded in our first (2014) inspection. The school offers a high-quality education in a caring, Christian environment in which each student is known, valued and encouraged to achieve his/her individual potential. We are committed to outstanding academic performance and to fostering a love of learning in our students.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and talented Learning Support Assistant (LSA) with a Speech and Language focus. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of delivering Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) interventions and will take responsibility for delivering these under the guidance of our SENCo. This position would also suit a newly qualified Speech and Language Therapist, or someone seeking to advance their specialism in this area.
You will be expected to develop and prepare learning materials for therapy and intervention sessions, to provide effective support to less experienced colleagues, sharing good practice, and to carry out general Learning Support Assistant responsibilities.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop your skills in working with children with Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN). Experience of supporting students with Autism would be advantageous.
The successful candidate will:
· Have levels of numeracy and literacy equivalent to GCSE (A-C)/Level 4 or above.
· Hold relevant qualifications at a level equivalent to at least NVQ Level 3 (e.g., a Foundation Degree in Education, NVQ in Supporting Teaching and Learning, City and Guilds Advanced Certificate in Learning support, ELKLAN).
· Be knowledgeable of effective strategies to include and meet the needs of all students; in particular, students with speech and language difficulties and SEN.
· Be able to assess students' responses to learning tasks and, where appropriate, modify methods to meet individual and/ or group needs.
· Have good interpersonal skills.
· Be hard working, able to work as part of a team or on own initiative.
· Be kind, caring and have a patient personality.
· Be keen to take on additional responsibilities as they arise.
· Be ambitious, wishing to make an impact and with a strong focus on own professional development.
· Be supportive of the Christian ethos of the school.
· Be independent and proactive in support of teachers and students.
The appointee will be committed to our high expectations and core values - we welcome applications from colleagues irrespective of their faith or belief. However, we ask for applicants to appreciate and respect the beliefs of others and have strong moral principles.
Staff will be provided with a comprehensive induction programme and laptop, and childcare is accessible at a neighbouring provision with discounted rates for staff members.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will need a
full DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, which can be applied for once a job offer is made.
The school is committed to safe recruitment and the post will be subject to an enhanced CRB check.
Closing date: Friday 16th August 2022.
Interview Date: TBC
Further information is available from the head teacher's PA: Emer McNeela - School Office 01277 286600 or email@example.com
Information about the School
Please visit our website: www.becketkeys.org