Download printable version
SEND Learning Support Assistant (mornings)
Position Type:1:1 LSA (Initially Reception)
Employment Type:Part time, fixed term to 31stAugust 2029
Hours:21.25 hours per week (Mornings only - 4.25 hours per day)
Working Weeks:39 weeks per year (Term Time plus 5 Inset Days)
Pay Range:Scale 3, Point 4 - 5 £19264 - £19650 pro rata (Actual salary£9,442.62 - £9631.83)
Applications Close:10thAugust 2022, Midday
Position Start Date:Preferably 1stSeptember 2022
Date of Interview: WB: 15thAugust 2022
An opportunity has arisen for a SEND Learning Support Assistant to join our team to support a child joining our school with Autism Spectrum Disorder. The child will need support with social communication as well as learning. The successful candidate will be caring, positive, enthusiastic and have the ability to use their own initiative and remain calm under pressure. Experience in working with children on a 1:1 or small group basis and a good understanding of ASD are essential for this role.
Our school can offer you:
- Well behaved children with a love of learning
- The opportunity to work with our friendly, dedicated and forward-thinking staff
- Committed and supportive parents and governors
- A commitment to professional development, including working closely with colleagues from other schools within our MAT
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work and Tech Schemes
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.