Download printable version
Cover Supervisor required.
Term time only plus 2 days - 35 hours per week. 8.30am to 4.00pm.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated person to join our team.
Potential applicants will:
- Be able to supervise whole classes from Nursery to Year 6.
- Have a high level of flexibility and adaptability, dependent on the needs of the school.
- Act as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and behaviour.
- Be able to deliver cover work set by the class teacher.
- Be able to provide feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil's progress against lesson objectives and keep pupil related records.
- Collect any completed work after the lesson and return it to the appropriate teacher.
- Be able to deal with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school's policies and procedures.
- Provide additional support to teachers in classrooms, to carry out administrative tasks when not covering a class.
- The successful candidate will, ideally, have a degree or equivalent qualification.
Visits to the School are warmly welcomed. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interview. Incomplete applications will not be successful. CVs will not be accepted. Details and application form can be sent by email upon request from the School Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org.
West Thurrock Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This appointment will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, health check and two satisfactory references.