Download printable version
Senior IT Technician
Essex 2020 Scale 7, Point 19 - 24 (£25,927 - £29,174 actual)
37 hours per week Full Time (52.14 weeks per year)
8 am - 4pm Monday to Friday.
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Senior IT Technician to join our expanding team. You will work as a member of the IT service team to deliver an efficient, secure and reliable digital technology environment, providing the capabilities necessary to support our schools and staff in delivering educational excellence.
Main Responsibilities and Duties
· Deputise for the IT Manager as required and help manage and direct the IT Technicians and Apprentices.
· Provide technical support to staff and students focusing on 2nd and 3rd level issues.
· Take a proactive approach to continually improve the reliability, resilience, performance, and functionality of ITsystems and hardware ensuring maximum availability and utilisation
· Provide appropriate Training and Guidance to Staff where required.
· Support the deployment and management of hardware and software including tablets, laptops, desktops, servers and networking equipment.
· Assist in the development of documentation for use by staff, students and other team members.
· Manage small to medium sized projects, from the initial conversations with the project requester through to completion.
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of IT policies and procedures and contribute to the strategic IT plan.
· To participate in the performance and development review process, taking personal responsibility for identification of learning, development and training opportunities in discussion with the line manager
· To comply with individual responsibilities, in accordance with the role, for health and safety in the workplace.
· Ensure that all duties and services provided are in accordance with the School's Equal Opportunities Policy
· The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The duties above are neither exclusive nor exhaustive and the post holder may be required by the MAT to carry out appropriate duties within the context of the job, skills and grade.
Qualifications and Experience
- Able to demonstrate a good level of general education to GCSE standard in Mathematics and English or equivalent.
- Recognised qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent experience
- Successful recent experience providing 2nd to 3rd line IT support, as part of a team
- Working face to face with users to provide IT support
For further information please visit our website