Download printable version
CANN HALL PRIMARY SCHOOL
Higher Level Teaching Assistant - 31.25 hours per week 38 weeks per year plus 2 training days. Actual salary £14,627 -
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced HLTA and Learning Mentor to principally support learning and teaching at our school. The role involves supporting high needs children with their academic learning and their emotional needs, so that they can access a full curriculum offer. It will involve working across classes, based in and out of the classroom. It is a responsive role which adapts to the needs of the children from early years to year 6.
You will need to be:
• a strongly performing practitioner who ideally has, or is working towards, a teaching qualification and/or degree in
education, or equivalent
• flexible, adaptable, committed and well-organised;
• self-motivated with high expectations of yourself and our children;
• able to work as a member of a strong team determined to ensure the best progress for all our children;
• be an excellent communicator and have a good standard of written English;
• be relentless positive and seek solutions to problems;
• have a good understanding of inclusion and what makes an inclusive school;
• be positive, proactive and manage time well.
We can offer you:
• Children who are receptive and keen to learn
• A commitment to your ongoing professional development ·
• A school with a 'family feel' where everyone is valued for the skills that they bring and the person they are.
Please use the attached application form and send completed forms to email@example.com. Please put in your email header the school you are applying for and the job vacancy title.
Cann Hall Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all pupils attending the school. As the duties of this post involve regular contact with children, any offer to the successful candidate will be conditional upon an Enhanced Disclosure being obtained via Disclosure and Barring Service.
Information about the School
Cann Hall Primary School is a two-form entry school catering for children from 4-11.
We know that effective education is the key to securing promising futures for our children in what continues to be a fast changing world, where jobs and careers are increasingly global rather than just local or national. Many of these jobs are yet to be created or imagined. Knowledge and skills do not stand still and no nation on the planet can afford to be complacent in a worldwide competitive environment.
As a school we know this means we have to keep moving forward – keeping children equipped with the latest skills and knowledge they need to succeed and a love of learning, so that we can prepare them really well with all they need before they move onto secondary education.
Our children are happy, behave well and love their learning and develop effective knowledge, skills and attributes that enable them to be confident, responsible and compassionate whilst developing a respect for humankind and the world in which we live. We want every child to have the core skills of literacy and mathematics mastered and learnt through a rich and creative curriculum that encompasses science, technologies, humanities and the arts. In addition, we have a rich extra-curricular programme and facilities for ‘wrap around care’. In short, we want to create a learning community that has every child skipping through our gates each day!