Download printable version
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) post
Scale 5 (Points 8-11)
FTE range £20,852-22,129 pro rata. Actual salary £16,632 (Point 8 under 5 years service)
Kingswode Hoe School is a welcoming, positive and supportive special school environment for pupils aged 5-16 years with Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD) and complex needs.
We encourage pupils and staff to GROW!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and well-motivated HLTA to join our MLD Special School team and Trust.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a dedicated, pupil-centred and forward-thinking staff team within a school recently judged to be 'Good' in all areas.
It is an exciting opportunity to bring your skills and experience. We believe in sharing best practice and provide excellent, informative training and supportive mentoring to be able to have a positive impact on pupil learning and outcomes straight away. Experience and/or interest in these areas an advantage: Creative arts, English, SEMH.
We offer you:
- Great pupils who are eager to learn
- A diverse staff team with expertise and experience in MLD, SLD, SEMH, Primary, Secondary and GROW settings, who actively share best practice and welcome innovation and new ideas
- Commitment to ongoing training needs with time allocated as part of working hours
- Variety- no two days are the same!
- Committed and passionate colleagues and Trust who put pupils at the heart of decision making
- Specialist facilities, high quality resources and working environment.
We are seeking an excellent, energetic HLTA who is:
- Confident in leading groups of pupils to achieve their outcomes
- Proactive and positive when working with pupils and colleagues
- Enthusiastic to lead and contribute in an area of expertise and share strategies to support further developments within school
- Able to communicate and collaborate with others, solution focused with a sense of humour
- Professional, caring and calm when supporting pupils with challenging behaviour
- Keen to learn and be part of a supportive team and whole-school sharing culture.
SEAX Trust application form must be completed - available on the school website, or on request from the school office. We cannot accept applications via CV only.
The SEAX Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment All posts are subject to satisfactory medical checks, enhanced DBS clearance and references.
Information about the School
Kingswode Hoe is a special school for pupils with complex learning difficulties. We take pupils aged between 5 and 16 (Y1 - Y11) living in the Colchester area. All pupils are admitted to the school by the Statutory Assessment team of Essex Local Authority based at Essex House in Colchester. We are currently funded for 151 places.