Download printable version
Job title: Headteacher
School: Hadleigh Infants and Nursery Academy
Reporting to: Chair of Governors
Start date: January 2023 or earlier if possible
Grade: To be appointed on a 7-point scale starting on L11 - L15 depending on experience.
Salary: Starting salary to be determined according to experience (c. £54,357 to £59,872)
School Size: Group 3 with 319 pupils on roll
The governors of the academy trust are seeking to appoint a head teacher to lead an established infant and nursery school. We are looking for an experienced leader who shares our values and ethos to continue to build on our successes and reputation. We would like to encourage applications from head teachers, deputy head teachers and experienced leaders with leadership and management experience in the 3-7 age range.
Applications are welcome from candidates who:
- Lead with a clear vision of excellence in primary and early years education for pupils of all abilities and backgrounds.
- Has the skills to lead and manage both operationally and strategically with integrity, creativity and confidence.
- Demonstrates a professional work ethic including building relationships with pupils, staff, governors, education leaders and the community.
- Communicates with enthusiasm and authenticity to inspire and motivate the school team to perform at their best.
- Has an adaptable and flexible approach to change and/or challenging situations including improvements, opportunities and partnerships.
- Is confident in applying safeguarding knowledge and experience in our age range to promote a safe and inclusive environment.
At HINS, we can offer you:
- A large, friendly, welcoming school with happy, confident children who enjoy learning and achieving.
- Dedicated, experienced and supportive staff across all functional groups.
- A supportive, knowledgeable and organised governing body dedicated to the ongoing improvement of education and skills for all.
- Links with Hadleigh Junior School and community which we wish to develop further.
Information about the School
Hadleigh Infants and Nursery School (HINS) is a three form entry infant school with an integrated nursery serving the Hadleigh community. The school is a spacious environment with a large hall for P.E, assemblies and school meals and plenty of outdoor learning zones and access to a good sized field. The school is open and inclusive enabling our children to learn and explore in a safe and secure environment.
HINS is a Single Academy Trust with a governing body and a members board.
HINS is currently rated Good with Ofsted, February 2020.
Hadleigh Infants and Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We ensure through high quality training and development; all staff gain a deep understanding of the expectations of the Keeping Children Safe In Education guidance 2021. All applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.
To arrange a visit or request the application pack please contact Julie Reader in the school office at email@example.com