Download printable version
Monday to Friday: 5 hours per week/38 weeks (term time only)
Pay Band - Scale 2 Points 2-3
£18,518-£18,887 pro rata (actual salary £2077.94-£2119.57)
We are looking to appoint a reliable, caring, adaptable, motivated, and enthusiastic Midday Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday, 1 hour per day (some flexibility may be required in response to Government guidance).
The successful candidates must:
- Be able to follow guidance from the Midday Supervisor and assist with the management of the dining hall to enable a calm and enjoyable lunch for our pupils.
- In collaboration with other midday colleagues and senior staff creatively manage and implement interesting and stimulating activities and play for lunchtime play.
- Oversee the pupils in the playground with positive engagement to ensure a safe and happy play time experience.
- Ensure First Aid protocols are followed including adherence to record keeping.
- Implement the Safeguarding and Behaviour Policy consistently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Have the ability to use their own initiative.
We can offer you:
- Wonderful well behaved children
- A friendly and supportive working environment
- A commitment to professional development
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work and Tech Schemes
- Employee Benefits Platform
- Employer Pension Contribution 20%
Our friendly team will support you and training will be provided.
If you are interested in applying or would like a tour of the school beforehand, please contact Mrs Farmer at the school on email@example.com
Deadline for applications Midday Monday 22nd August 2022
Interviews will take place Thursday 25th August 2022
The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is committed within its schools to:
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety, and the spiritual and cultural development of children and young people;
- Promoting equality of opportunity and community cohesion where the diversity of different backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and positively valued;
- The fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance for those with different faiths and beliefs
- and expects all staff, volunteers and other workers to share in this commitment.
As a trust, we welcome applications from colleagues from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from colleagues from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) backgrounds and people that identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender plus (LGBT+) as these groups are currently underrepresented in our trust.
In compliance with safer recruitment procedures and guidelines, all applications must be made on an application form, CVs will not be accepted. This appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service and satisfactory references. The Chelmsford Learning Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.
Information about the School
Barnes Farm Infant School is a school for 4 -7 year old children in Chelmsford, Essex. We have a wonderful team of staff, active and informed governors and supportive families who all help the children to be safe and happy and to make exceptional progress. It is our aim to make sure that all members of our school community are supported and feel included and valued.
The children are divided into classes according to age. Children will progress through the National Curriculum on an individual basis with appropriate individual educational plans being provided for children with special educational needs and for gifted and talented pupils.