Download printable version
Thurstable School are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, reliable and self-motivated Facilities Assistant to join our team of Site Staff. The successful applicant will understand the aims and priorities of the school, and take pride in the contribution they can make to achieving them.
This role will involve a range of general maintenance tasks including general grounds and buildings maintenance, cleaning, portage, liaison with contractors and suppliers and maintaining health and safety across the site.
You would need to work a variety of shifts pattern that include evening and weekends and cover for lettings on a rota basis. All lettings are paid separately under the Essex County Council lettings agreement.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Information about the School
Thank you for taking an interest in joining us as at Thurstable School.
Thurstable School is an ambitious 11-19 academy with 1209 students, located in Tiptree near Colchester in Essex. I have been in post since September 2020 and am extremely excited about the journey we have just started. We believe that all children have limitless potential, and are proud to offer a comprehensive education to all students in our local community. We expect all staff, students and parents to embrace our three principles - Aspire, Respect & Endeavour - so that our students leave school as ambitious, confident and successful young adults with the highest standards of integrity.
Why join us?
● We are committed that classrooms should be disruption free so that every minute counts and are adopting a centralised approach to behaviour centred on a warm/strict philosophy and shared routines across the school. It is these routines that allow the positive student-staff relationships to flourish.
● We think you, the teacher, is the expert. We promote the importance of teacher led lessons based on brilliant subject knowledge, great explanations and skilful questioning. We are equally committed to continuing to develop your subject knowledge and pedagogy.
● Our commitment to genuine development, our CPD is based on a shared understanding of Teaching and Learning based on the work of Rosenshine and Lemov’s Teach Like A Champion, and from September all teaching staff (including the Headteacher) will receive coaching feedback at least every fortnight.
● We are committed to staff wellbeing and adopting sensible approaches to workload. We recognise the efforts and achievements of all our staff on a weekly basis and never take anyone’s work for granted.
● We are on a journey of which you can be a driving part. Our school improvement groups, led by non-SLT members, are crucial to driving change in the school and this year played a key role in shaping our behaviour policy, uniform and staff development model.
We believe this is an exciting time to join the school and help our students reach their undoubted full potential. If you can dream big, work hard and also have a sense of fun, I genuinely believe that you will really enjoy working at Thurstable.
Our new website will be online after Easter and provide a clear picture of our aspirations and our vision; however, please do not hesitate to contact us to seek further information. We very much look forward to receiving applications from candidates whose personal qualities, values and experiences support and reflect ours. We welcome visits or conversations with prospective applicants.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people therefore this appointment will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We look forward to hearing from you soon